Do you own the same bag in different size/different hardware?

hi! Are you still thinking about the gold hardware? I am the same. I really wish I had the flap with gold hardware and every time I say it, my husband says, no it didn’t look right on you. It looks too old fashioned. Lol! But still, it’s all I see on Instagram, which makes me want it even more! Now that it’s coming into summer it would look amazing with white outfits compared to the silver which I feel is just too cool-toned. I just don’t love my flap in silver hardware but it’s really not a good time to sell right now.
I forgot to add, I do find it too old fashioned. I work in an industry where I have to wear suits and I work next to a Chanel. Every time I try it with my suits I felt something looked off. The only times I loved it was when I had causal outfits and wore warmer clothes such as white, beige, or pink. It does age you a lot and I have yellow skin and dyed blonde hair (so I felt too...yellow). The silver just pops more on me. Another thing to consider with your type of clothes and skin. Hence I wanted a small as it seems more youthful with the size. Hope that makes sense too.

Hi tpf members,

I think I’m going crazy with the Reissue and need to talk to someone. I prefer to be you instead of my psychiatrist or my bf :lol:

I do own a preloved black 225 in silver HW (not shiny but looks a bit smoky). The size is perfect and lovely. I fall in love with it like crazy. It’s so luxurious and understated. The combination goes well with my personality and wardrobe. Perfect for day and night.

Then I feel like I’m so in love with the bag and need another bigger one for work. So I bought a black 226 (pre-loved too) in RHW right after. I‘ve been trying to be reasonable by keeping only one. Finally I just can’t let anyone go and decide to keep both.

Well I’m now happy with my collection but feel like the HW are quite similar and given the fact that both are in black lol. BTW I cannot see myself carrying GHW as it’s too flashy for my taste. I feel like I’m going to be crazy coz the same amount of money can be used to buy others models and add more variety to my collection (I do own some Chanel bags like ML CF in caviar, WOC, small seasonal bag and some slg all in black).

Do you have this kind of experience? Do you own the same bag in different versions? I’d love to hear from you. Thank you to let me share.

Last edited:
Reactions: topglamchic
Hi tpf member,

I think I’m going crazy with the Reissue and need to talk to someone. I prefer to be you instead of my psychiatrist or my bf :lol:

I do own a preloved 225 in silver HW (not shiny but looks a bit smoky). The size is perfect and lovely. I fall in love with it like crazy. It’s so luxurious and understated. The combination goes well with my personality and wardrobe. Perfect for day and night.

Then I feel like I’m so in love with the bag and need another bigger one for work. So I bought a 226 (pre-loved too) in RHW right after. I‘ve been trying to be reasonable by keeping only one. Finally I just can’t let anyone go and decide to keep both.

Well I’m now happy with my collection but feel like the HW are quite similar. BTW I cannot see myself carrying GHW as it’s too flashy for my taste. I feel like I’m going to be crazy coz the same amount of money can be used to buy others models and add more variety to my collection (I do own some Chanel bags like ML CF in caviar, WOC, small seasonal bag)

Do you have this kind of experience? Do you own the same bag in different versions? I’d love to hear from you. Thank you to let me share.
Same bag in different colors, same bag in same color but different color hardware, same bag in different sizes. I agree I am crazy though. :lol:

Yes, I do - square mini, rectangular mini, small classic flap and medium classic flap. And I love each and every one of them. Lol. :smile:
I’ve a ML CF with SHW and think about getting a small one with GHW to complete my collection (again :lol: Why we need to do that though lol). And at the end (not really I know) I wish to have the mini rectangular and mini square as well, all in black as usual :biggrin::biggrin:.

I‘ve tried to love the colorful bags as some said we need to add variety to life. But I found I get less use of them and that’s just the waste of money. So I return to the black unless I find the color I may like.

I’ve a ML CF with SHW and think about getting a small one with GHW to complete my collection (again :lol: Why we need to do that though lol). And at the end (not really I know) I wish to have the mini rectangular and mini square as well, all in black as usual :biggrin::biggrin:.

I‘ve tried to love the colorful bags as some said we need to add variety to life. But I found I get less use of them and that’s just the waste of money. So I return to the black unless I find the color I may like.
Nothing wrong with getting them in a different size and sticking to one colour. Lol. We are horrible enablers here at TPF. We like what we like. I have found the CF is the best style for me. I tried to like the business affinity, coco handle, 19, etc but I can't do it. Maybe someday I will change my mind but for now it is all about the CF. If you choose color, you either love that color for years or you are a person that embraces color. Unfortunately, I don't fall at that category......I prefer black, beige, grey, white and maybe a dash of light pink. You should be able to secure a black rectangular and square mini as it is being offered for 21C. Best of luck in your search.

If you’re crazy then many of us here are crazy.

Like you, I absolutely fell in love the reissue recently, purchasing a so black 225 and a hot pink mini last month. Next on the list is a black 225 with Ghw and a 226 or 227 metallic. you’re definitely not alone
Thanks for sharing your love for the ReissuE.I started with cc lock CF and found that the shape and leather are quite stiff to use as an everyday bag. I love love the Reissue as it’s lightweight. So I can squeeze alongside my body and it doesn’t look too boxy.

Reactions: thebagqueen
This is a great topic. I have three reissues 226 dark silver with gunmetal HW, 226 black with GHW, and 227 with RHW. I am debating getting a so black 226. I say get what makes you happy and enjoy to the max.
Is the so black 226 part of the classic collection or you meant to buy pre-loved?

I love the look of the so black too and want to find in a mini version. The current collection does have only so black with chevron style which I don’t like. I‘ve found that the 225 so black matelassé from the fall winter collection 2019 and rarely seen in the pre-loved market.

I definitely have a type!

I own a Jumbo with Caviar GHW, Medium Caviar GHW and Mini Lambskin GHW all of them black. I used to own colour, but bags sold them as black bags seem to be the only thing I reach for.

While to someone else it could look repetitive, I have different uses for each bag and each is equally used.

I say enjoy them and don’t worry about it!

C3089B3A-F581-41AC-9D06-A581F0DCF1F0.jpeg