Do you own a great clothing steamer?

Oct 16, 2007
I am wondering how useful a clothing steamer will be for me - for some blouses, linen suits, dress pants, etc. I usually get things dry cleaned or wash/hang myself but inevitably, if I want to wear a suit a second or third time, it doesn't look as crisp as it does when it comes straight from the cleaners. A jacket will have a wrinkle, or a skirt will be a little rumpled. Also, I don't iron my jeans usually, but once in a while there will be a little wrinkle. Would a steamer help for these kinds of things? If so, do you have one you recommend?

My mom has one and she uses it almost every day. Occasionally, I use it on my clothes. Its deffinanty usefull, but I don't know how often you would use it. Maybe think about when you would need it, and decide if you can justify it.

Oooh, a steamer for my clothes would be a great addition! Can you ladies
give any names and or suggestions on some good one please! TIA...

I have a cheap Conair steamer that works nicely. It's not good for heavy wrinkles, but it freshens up clothes. I admit- I don't iron my clothes anymore. I use the steamer on everything I can.

My mom has suggested I invest in a professional steamer eventually, one that has a stand attached to it. The Conair one I currently have comes with a hook for hanging clothes over a door when you are steaming them.

Reactions: Gabs007
I'm using the steamer from this brand called Princess, with a built-in stand to hang your dress. But your clothes need to have some tension when you steam iron it to smooth the wrinkles, I normally pull it with hand but when it comes to big area like your dress, I pull it with hand and my toes to stretch the other end. How do you guys steam iron your dress?

I use the tobi one for big things (like dresses) I hang it from the door frame or from the shower curtain. I also have a conair hand one for traveling and it works great. I also never iron anything anymore. I am not even sure where the iron is lol

So 2 raves for the conair? Did you all find that your clothing gets damp from using the steamer at all? The last thing I want to do in the morning is use it incorrectly and end up with water all over a suit. Thanks!

I have a professional uprigt steamer. it is great for:
-getting wrinkles out of silk, chiffon or any delicate fabrics.
-getting rid of odors like smoke
-killing any potential moth larvae
-freshens up cashmere or wool sweaters, coats by evaporating body oils

not good for:
-replacing crisp ironed edges in shirts, heavy fabrics or clothing like suits
-does not replace ironing cotton, sateen or linen shirts, dresses, etc that have lots of wrinkles
-does not get rid of wrinkles in bed linens
-does not get rid of wrinkles in denim.

I have a jiffy steamer that I ordered from a store fixture supply company.(melvin Roos).
Love it!:tup:

I also have a Jiffy! Love it :biggrin:
I do almost all my clothes with it, especially skirts, dresses and silk tops. Also handy to touch up jeans that aren't dirty yet, but a bit wrinkly in the knees.
Friends always laugh when they come to my house and I yell from my room "One minute, I still have to jiffy my dress!" :P