Do you carry your LV in the winter?

I am from western PA too!---I definitely understand how you feel! I tend to use my all leather or damier bags in the rain/snow. I am too paranoid about ruining the vachetta. It did help to spray the vachetta with a leather protector spray---the few times my mono speedy was in the rain/snow it seemed to help.

Stacey--- feeling the Stillers love here! Great game last night!

I guess on one hand you should use the bag since what is the point if you don't use it half the time but on the other hand it kind of makes my stomach hurt thinking about salt stains! Ugg.

I think I will retire Stressa for a bit. I am hoping to save up enough to purchase an Ebene bag but until them I will make due with some others until lake Erie freezes and this lake effect crap stops. Boo hoo. So many things to dislike winter for.

Oh how I miss Western PA weather...

If it looks like rain or snow, I leave my bags with vachetta at home. I usually have a clear large garbage bag stashed in my bag so that if I'm out and it suddenly starts raining/snowing, I can cover my bag (kind of like a rain jacket). I usually get some strange looks but that's ok as long as my bag is safe!

I grew up in North Western PA with my grandmother and still have nightmares about the weather - we lived on a little farm and sometimes couldn't get out for days until the plow got around to us (loved the 'snow days' when I got to skip school though!) . I'm now in Canada and see more Ebene and Epi in the winter months - I'm so scared of the vachetta myself that if I ever get an LV Bag it will be Ebene.

I'm in Western Pa, too, and I just got my EBENE speedy in the mail today!!! LOL
That's how I feel about it. I've been carrying my delightful for the past few days in this horrid snow, and it's so much bother trying to keep it dry! I recently bought a stresa pm in azur, and was really looking forward to it being a winter bag, but I just can't do it.
Thank god for damier ebene! I can finally go out in the rain and snow and sleet without worrying about my vachetta!

I live in S. Florida so I don't get any snow here but it rains a ton--and sometimes when it rains it pours!! I definitely don't carry any bags with vachetta if I think it's going to rain. When I went up to Providence last year, I carried my Ebene Speedy 30 and it snowed every day. I was glad I had it--no worries.

I just recently bought the Damier Sistina MM and Monogram Idylle Speedy 30 for just this reason. All my previous bags have been vachetta, and some have experienced rain damage. I love the monogram idylle because it's waterproof and stainproof! It's the perfect light-weight everyday bag!

I am in Canada, but the southern rainy part! i don't use my vachetta rosewood on rainy days, but i do use my mc alma which has a deep patina. mostly if it is raining i use my damier ebene bloomie because she is worry free.

I use my LVs year round. I used this LV I bought new from LV from 2004-2007 DAILY for college AND as a carryon. It survived through sleet and snow and rain in brutal New England winters and through traveling. This bag went with me everywhere. The bottom is really dirty from placing it down so many places but it held up to the weather and I got my money's worth for the amount of use I got out of this bag in college.

photo-16.jpg

I use my LVs year round. I used this LV I bought new from LV from 2004-2007 DAILY for college AND as a carryon. It survived through sleet and snow and rain in brutal New England winters and through traveling. This bag went with me everywhere. The bottom is really dirty from placing it down so many places but it held up to the weather and I got my money's worth for the amount of use I got out of this bag in college.

photo-16.jpg

Wow Kayti, that patina looks great! Thanks for your comment. I always worry about watermarks too and try to avoid carrying vach in rain. But after seeing your patina, I am more confident about carrying in rain. I know I have read lots about it being fine in the rain, but "seeing" is believing (KWIM). Question though, did you spray it with protectant, and did you carry it in rain when it was "stark white" and new?

I don't carry any LV in the winter unless it's not snowing, and only for very special events. However, this winter I am carrying my El-Cheapo Marc by Marc Jacobs Packable Tote in black. It holds what I need and looks good with my gray coat. Plus for only $58 I don't have to worry about dirt, or snow.

Stock Photo
0419784151691R_300x400.jpg

My sad LV in the background waiting to go back in his dustbag
DSCF5544.jpg

Roomy interior
DSCF5551.jpg

All of my stuff inside (minus some much needed chap stick, headphones, and my keys)
DSCF5552.jpg

Last edited:
I live in Northern Michigan where it snows 9 months out of 12....This is when I bring out my LV bags, and most of mine are mono with vachetta. I have never had a problem with water or anything else. Why buy them if you can't use them? JMO