Do you open gifts on Xmas Eve

We normally do it on Christmas morning, butthis year with our moving next week, I didnt decorate or get a tree (cause who knows where the boxes are with the Xmas stuff!). Soooo, we went to PF Changs for dinner tonight and opened gifts a little while ago. I got my daughter Christian Laboutin pumps (called decollete in camel jazz), red ipod nano, tickets to see Billy Crystal in Tempe next month (cause When Harry Met Sally is her fave movie ever) and a bunch of little things. Tomorrow we are going to see a movie, get a bite to eat and then she's going to see friends in Hollywood . Since the move kinda ruined Xmas a bit we're gonna celebrate Valentines Day big time in 2007!

We always open one present Christmas Eve night, and the rest in the morning.

Megs: that's what my family did when I was growing up.

I always chose the gift from my grandmother for Xmas eve. She was a professional seamstress. She made my sister and I the most beautiful dresses. The colors were fabulous. And she always added special things like embroidery or smocking. I remember crying whenever I could no longer wear a dress because I had grown out of it.

My wonderful grandmother taught me how to sew and to love fashion.:heart:

Growing up we always opened 1 gift from a family member on Christmas Eve...then the rest of the gifts and the gifts from Santa on Christmas day. Now we open pretty much everything Christmas Eve around midnight.