do you need to fill a form in order to get onto waitlist?

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I ordered a few birkin from different store and I remember some of the store dont need to fill any form ( i just tell them what i want) , some order will ask me to put it on a piece of paper and they file it.

Today I've been to sydney store, the staff there is very nice and brought out a form for me to fill in for me to get onto the waitlist for a black birkin and after I finished, i saw she put it in the drawer.. does that mean i am on the waitlist?

I tried to ask for her name card to find out whether she is the manager but she gave me the Assistant manager's card instead and told me he will be in next week..... I am wondering has she really put me name on the waitlist..

anyone with similar experience?

chloeSS - not sure if its relevant as some have said paris works differently from other stores worldwide - but the SA in paris did fill up some official-looking forms for the orders i made.

as for my local store, the SA didnt ask me to fill up any form, he just took down my name & tel number + noted down what was the specs that i wanted - & said he will call me if it came...

IMO, i reckon the form makes it an official order (so your bag will come & it is for you) & without it, its just plain waitlist (you are in the queue with others for that bag) - do i make sense here?

:biggrin:

I went in the day they opened the pre-sell list following podium and the SA had a list with all the avilable bags and you asked for what you wanted and they would check to see if it was available and would then put your name and telephone number against it. These were all definite orders

I went in the day they opened the pre-sell list following podium and the SA had a list with all the avilable bags and you asked for what you wanted and they would check to see if it was available and would then put your name and telephone number against it. These were all definite orders

Very lucky that your store does this. This IS not the practice for stores where demand exceeds supply. When the store cannot meet the demand for bags like the Birkins and Kellys, they are usually very hush-hush and keep the customers in suspense.

At my store, no official forms to be filled up. The manager controls every bag order. SAs will take note of what customers want in their own little notebooks or sometimes, scraps of paper, and then pass the requests on to the manager.

Very lucky that your store does this. This IS not the practice for stores where demand exceeds supply. When the store cannot meet the demand for bags like the Birkins and Kellys, they are usually very hush-hush and keep the customers in suspense.

At my store, no official forms to be filled up. The manager controls every bag order. SAs will take note of what customers want in their own little notebooks or sometimes, scraps of paper, and then pass the requests on to the manager.

Hmmm....maybe this is part of the new regime to make it somewhat easier to get bags although this is how they have been doing it at Bond Street for a while. These aren't special order bags they are the stock that the bag buyer and the manager have ordered at podium for the store so it's only pre-selling stock they know they will have coming in

Hmmm....maybe this is part of the new regime to make it somewhat easier to get bags although this is how they have been doing it at Bond Street for a while. These aren't special order bags they are the stock that the bag buyer and the manager have ordered at podium for the store so it's only pre-selling stock they know they will have coming in

I know, mooks. Over here, everyone wants a birkin. I don't have the statistics but my guess is that for every Birkin, there is at least 5 - 10 customers waiting. I have always noticed that on the 'waitlist' tag attached to each Birkin or Kelly, there is usually a list of names. Which means that if the customer on the top of the list turns down the offered bag, there will be alot of others who can't wait to snap it up!

And no, there is no pre-selling of store orders. If a customer's turn is up, then the bag pops up!

I remember the time when I was very new to tPF and H for that matter, and read about the stories where ladies sight birkins on the shelves, and that birkins being offered to walk-ins ... I could not comprehend that.

Over time, then did I realise how differently things are done here. And all because of too high a demand. I think in countries where supply exceeds demand, it becomes a piece of cake to score a Birkin as a walk-in. And where pre-selling is allowed. I hear the same is done for scarves too. It's not possible here. I had even asked to peek at the podium catalogue and it's a BIG NO! :Push: And I can understand why! The manager wants to be fair to everyone. Our quota is never as large as those in bigger stores elsewhere by comparison, and as you can imagine, clients can get upset when there's 'competition'.

I wonder if that's what the biggest issue is, that Singapore simply don't have enough. I'm not saying they should be allocated hundreds and hundreds of bags but if they were given a higher allocation then it would ease the pain!! I guess it's all part of the H "experience" in some stores, just seems so odd when you can walk into the likes of FSH and there are bags sitting waiting to be bought......

I think it's good that they are at least attempting to be fair so that everyone can get a bag. I was told in London that you can only buy one Birkin and one Kelly a year....of course in practice this could be a very different situation if there's one sitting waiting to be bought, I find it hard to believe they would refuse a sale

I'm guessing the resale market in Singapore must be quite pricey too?

I really must visit Singapore again, I loved it there

The Birkin resale market is thin. Very thin. Reselling of Birkins is frown upon by H management. And a customer will be blacklisted. So even in brick and mortar resale shops, there are only a handful, and these birkins may not necessarily be purchased from stores here. More likely by ladies who shop at the mothership and decide to flip their bags for a profit.

And yes, come visit us!

I wonder if that's what the biggest issue is, that Singapore simply don't have enough. I'm not saying they should be allocated hundreds and hundreds of bags but if they were given a higher allocation then it would ease the pain!! I guess it's all part of the H "experience" in some stores, just seems so odd when you can walk into the likes of FSH and there are bags sitting waiting to be bought......

I think it's deliberate, to keep H exclusive in this part of the world.