Do you NEED RM Rehab?! IF SO, please join RM Anonymous HERE

I got 4 RM bags in 2 weeks. It all started w/ the regular MAC. I was just going to replace the current purse I was carrying, and that's it. Well.... Then I saw a mint mini 5 zip and couldn't resist, I don't have anything in that color. Then I fell in love w/ the quilted black swing & since it was so hard to find, I snatched it up right away when I saw it for sale. And my last RM was definitely an impulse buy at Nordstroms. It was a bright purple 5 mini zip that was just calling me. Now what am I going to do w/ 2 mini zips??? Seriously do I need it. The dangerous thing is RM comes in so many colors you just want them all!

I am relatively new to RM too and recently discovered this crazy addictive world!! My very first RM was a birthday present from the hubby last October (2012) and since then, I've scoured the net and gone on an insane and spectacular shopping spree! Am hoping to break the habit, but seriously doubt it will work ;)

In order of purchase (this far!):

1. Yellow MAC w/silver hardware
2. Sailor blue mini Mattie w/silver hardware (from another tpf-er)
3. Light gray Mattie w/gold hardware (from another tpf-er)
4. Red studded, quilted MAM w/light gold hardware
5. Brown cross body Main Squeeze w/gold hardware
6. Plum python MAM w/rose gold hardware
7. Black woven / basketweave MAM with blue exposed zipper track w/gold hardware
8. Navy blue with studs Vixen w/gold hardware (soon to be on her way, just bought today from another tpf-er, sample bag!)

I am still scouring Bonanza and eyeing at least two or three more bags, with two outstanding offers!!! It's crazy....I need help =]

I just discovered RM over the summer. And I've bought and sold several bags in such a short time. I've slowed down to let my wallet recoup but I'm looking to start up again. But I'm going to try to take it slow.

Lt Gray Matinee (sold)
Black Ikat MAC
BBW MAM w blue zipper (sold)
Black MAC w blue zipper
Dk brown MAC
Grape MAC
Dk Gray circle quilted MAC
Woven Affair (sold)
Eggplant MAM
nylon tote (sold)
Wine MAM
Colorblock python MAM
BBW MAC w blue zipper
Black MAM
Black Mini MAC w RGHW (sold)
Navy Luxe MAC

and some accessories :
Grape "touch & go" iPad case
Taupe sunglasses pouch
"Tattoo fund" pouch
"Love Life" pouch

I think that's it. My first purchase was towards the end of August I believe. So it's been 6 months. I haven't bought anything since November. But I think I'm looking to add another MAC ( or two) and MAM that have caught my eye.

Wow you too have a quite nice collection of RM! Would love to see your collection thread :hbeat:

I am relatively new to RM too and recently discovered this crazy addictive world!! My very first RM was a birthday present from the hubby last October (2012) and since then, I've scoured the net and gone on an insane and spectacular shopping spree! Am hoping to break the habit, but seriously doubt it will work ;)

In order of purchase (thus far!):

1. Yellow MAC w/silver hardware
2. Sailor blue mini Mattie w/silver hardware (from another tpf-er)
3. Black Beloved w/gold hardware
4. Light gray Mattie w/gold hardware (from another tpf-er)
5. Red studded, quilted MAM w/light gold hardware
6. Brown cross body Main Squeeze w/gold hardware
7. Plum python MAM w/rose gold hardware
8. Black woven / basketweave MAM with blue exposed zipper track w/gold hardware
9. Navy blue with studs Vixen w/gold hardware (soon to be on her way, just bought today from another tpf-er, sample bag!)

I am still scouring Bonanza and eyeing at least two or three more bags, with two outstanding offers!!! It's crazy....I need help =]

Sigh......added one more on from this morning, I have to STOP!

10. Fine Wine laceup MAM w/antique brass hardware (just paid for!)

There was definitely a point where I needed RM rehab. There was a period of time that I was buying about 1 item per week. I've bought and sold and have started branching out into other designers as well. I'm trying to be better about my purchases and be mindful of what I already own before making my next purchase. I ended up not using a good amount of the bags I had so I sold some off and replacing just when something truly special pops up. ;)

There was definitely a point where I needed RM rehab. There was a period of time that I was buying about 1 item per week. I've bought and sold and have started branching out into other designers as well. I'm trying to be better about my purchases and be mindful of what I already own before making my next purchase. I ended up not using a good amount of the bags I had so I sold some off and replacing just when something truly special pops up. ;)

This is totally me too!! I have still held on to a couple of my fave RM's - Black Cat MAB and Hot Pink/Gold Crackle Bottom MAB :hbeat: but I have sold a lot. I'm also branching into other brands (waiting on my first Bal :yahoo:) and I am now trying to be a lot more careful of what I buy. I don't want to become overwhelmed with my collection again to the point where not everything was being used. :smile:

This is totally me too!! I have still held on to a couple of my fave RM's - Black Cat MAB and Hot Pink/Gold Crackle Bottom MAB :hbeat: but I have sold a lot. I'm also branching into other brands (waiting on my first Bal :yahoo:) and I am now trying to be a lot more careful of what I buy. I don't want to become overwhelmed with my collection again to the point where not everything was being used. :smile:

Congrats on your first Bbag!! :smile: What'd you get? I got my first one earlier this month...a new 11 Ardoise City! I love it! The Bal leather is so lightweight and gorgeous. I just got my products to protect her (different than RM stuff!) and am happy with the results. Next on my list (once I've saved!) is another Bbag and a Chloe Paraty.

Black Cat leather is TDF...I'd love to have it in my collection at some point! And hot pink gold crackle is so unique so I can see why you'd hold onto those. :smile:

I definitely had too many--plus I like to be able to buy clothes and shoes and things like that so I can't blow all my money on bags! (Plus a girl's gotta save for the future too!) ;)

I most definitely need RM rehab!! I don't think I've ever been *this* addicted to any other designer before! I was a Bal girl before this but I find that RM is just so functional with great colors and leathers!

In the past 4 weeks, I've bought:

- Paperwhite/Brown Basketweave MAB
- Sunshine MAB
- Black Cat Devote
- Navy MAM
- Purple Haze MAM
- Grape Alligator MAM
- Luggage MAM
- Red MAM w RG HW
- Royal/Brown Basketweave MAM

Currently waiting on:
- Black Croc Nikki
- Dark Gray MAMM

Eek! Now that its written all down, it looks much worse than it did in my head, LOL! I think I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten so far but I'm still on the lookout for a Magenta Croc Trim MAM and a Verdes MAM. And possibly something really OS with fabulous leather!

Yup, I think I definitely qualify for RM rehab! Where do I sign up?? LOL!

Congrats on your first Bbag!! :smile: What'd you get? I got my first one earlier this month...a new 11 Ardoise City! I love it! The Bal leather is so lightweight and gorgeous. I just got my products to protect her (different than RM stuff!) and am happy with the results. Next on my list (once I've saved!) is another Bbag and a Chloe Paraty.

Black Cat leather is TDF...I'd love to have it in my collection at some point! And hot pink gold crackle is so unique so I can see why you'd hold onto those. :smile:

I definitely had too many--plus I like to be able to buy clothes and shoes and things like that so I can't blow all my money on bags! (Plus a girl's gotta save for the future too!) ;)

I got a Black Part Time with GSH. Congrats on your new Bal!! Glad to hear you love it! It was a big purchase for me so I'm very nervous/excited/anxious lol. I'm trying to stick to just buying a few bags this year and the next one I think I'm going to research is the Chloe Paraty, so I'd love to hear your thoughts if you get one!

ETA: Did you get your Bal from AFF? That's where I just ordered mine from, so I'm hoping their shipping is super fast!

I most definitely need RM rehab!! I don't think I've ever been *this* addicted to any other designer before! I was a Bal girl before this but I find that RM is just so functional with great colors and leathers!

In the past 4 weeks, I've bought:

- Paperwhite/Brown Basketweave MAB
- Sunshine MAB
- Black Cat Devote
- Navy MAM
- Purple Haze MAM
- Grape Alligator MAM
- Luggage MAM
- Red MAM w RG HW
- Royal/Brown Basketweave MAM

Currently waiting on:
- Black Croc Nikki
- Dark Gray MAMM

Eek! Now that its written all down, it looks much worse than it did in my head, LOL! I think I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten so far but I'm still on the lookout for a Magenta Croc Trim MAM and a Verdes MAM. And possibly something really OS with fabulous leather!

Yup, I think I definitely qualify for RM rehab! Where do I sign up?? LOL!

Welcome to the rehab club!! It was definitely better when I listed them out in my head, not so much after I wrote them all down...... =]

I got a Black Part Time with GSH. Congrats on your new Bal!! Glad to hear you love it! It was a big purchase for me so I'm very nervous/excited/anxious lol. I'm trying to stick to just buying a few bags this year and the next one I think I'm going to research is the Chloe Paraty, so I'd love to hear your thoughts if you get one!

ETA: Did you get your Bal from AFF? That's where I just ordered mine from, so I'm hoping their shipping is super fast!

Congrats! Sounds gorgeous! It was the biggest bag purchase for me by far and I still feel kind of nervous/excited/anxious. I too am only planning on a couple bags this year. I am looking for a Medium Paraty, and will let you know what I think--it'll probably be awhile before I get one though!

And yes, it was from AFF. The shipping was very fast. I just had to go pick it up at the post office because I was at work when it was delivered. I had a very positive experience with AFF. Would buy from again! You'll have to post pics of your Bbag when you get her!

I am reading this thread and smiling at all of your stories. RM bags are totally addictive, the only way I was able to break my addiction was to stop visiting tPf everyday.... I bought 20+ RM bags in the span of 6 months.... and I am only now starting to right size my collection!! I am about to confess my current bag-hoarde maybe if I write them all I will realize I can NEvEr wear them all and should downsize further!!?!

MACS (full). PurpleHaze Zip, Green Python, BBW/purple Zip
MACS (mini) Wine, Teal
MAM. Teal Ostrich, Electric Fuschia, Leaf, Black shimmer/gunmetal,
MAB. Glazed Espresso, Bomar red, Almond/red zip
Mattinees. Wine (full), Sailor Navy (mini)
Other. Yellow Racy, Mustard croc boyfriend, 2 pouches, 2 wallets

So I just listed 16 bags.... and now I am curious if I forgot any. (runs to bag closet to see what I CANT ReMEMBER). Add.... Cupid-- Chocolate. I am actually glad that I only forgot 1, but am slightly shocked that I still own 17!!!!

I havent bought a RM bag in months, so there is hope!! But you do have to give it time before it gets out of your system. Hunting the old and rare RM bags is SO addictive.

I wonder if Bal bags are as addictive because I am already making a list of some to buy....and I am SO afraid that they will be too coz they seem to attract the same RM folks ^_^ Oh boy, oh boy.....

I wonder if Bal bags are as addictive because I am already making a list of some to buy....and I am SO afraid that they will be too coz they seem to attract the same RM folks ^_^ Oh boy, oh boy.....

I can safely say from my very own experience that Bal's are definitely as addictive! :smile: Bal leathers are to die for and there are so many old school HG's to be on the lookout for - much like RM, I think!

I've never counted how many I have but it has to be at least in the 30s mostly macs and MAMs. I can't even get around to using half of them but when I go through to decide what to sell, I can't do it....plus I'm always on the lookout for the next fix.

I may give one of my affairs to my sister if she passes the bar....maybe lol

Glad I never caught the bal bug. I bought 1, and decided it wasn't for me, I was comparing the cost with how many RMs I could have bought