Do you moisturize your empreinte leather?

MissDaphne

Apr 13, 2014
Hi all,

I just bought my speedy 30 in empreinte on September 4. I notice that the leathery is getting a little dry. Does any one else have that too?

Do you use leather moisturizer on it? If so, what do you use?

Thanks in advance!

Yes i use Lubriderm Unscented and it works like a charm. My Balenciaga SA actually recommended it to me as Balenciaga strongly recommends it for their leathers.

I've used conditioner for my city but not for my speedy. The conditioner I use is leather honey. My speedy hasn't dried out in the month that I've had it, though.

I don't intend to condition my empreinte at all. I don't want to risk softening the depth of the embossing.

As for hand lotions....I just think about the smell of old rancid hand lotions on a bag not being a good idea. When a hand lotion goes on your hands, at some point in the day you wash your hands, but those oils just sitting there on a leather bag day after day exposed to heat and the elements seems like a risky proposition. If you aren't cheap with your bags, why be cheap with their care? Purchase a proper leather conditioner. There are several threads on this matter. GL! :smile:

Reactions: Dijume09
Hmm my Balenciaga SA sold me Balenciaga leather conditioner for my city bags so I don't know about the Lubriderm lotion. I don't have an Empreinte yet but I have been using Apple Care Leather conditioner for the vachetta and handles on my LVs. Seems to work fine for me....

I don't intend to condition my empreinte at all. I don't want to risk softening the depth of the embossing.

As for hand lotions....I just think about the smell of old rancid hand lotions on a bag not being a good idea. When a hand lotion goes on your hands, at some point in the day you wash your hands, but those oils just sitting there on a leather bag day after day exposed to heat and the elements seems like a risky proposition. If you aren't cheap with your bags, why be cheap with their care? Purchase a proper leather conditioner. There are several threads on this matter. GL! :smile:

Oh that's actually a good point about softening the empriente leather!

Never actually thought about that!

Thanks!

I have the Lumi in Infini and condition it with Apple Care at the end of every carrying season (Fall) before placing her in her sleeper. I've not noticed any ill effect on the embossing or any other aspect. All I notice is the beautiful suppleness of the leather. I feel the better conditioned the better they are able to handle wear and tear, bending, scratching, etc. Definitely helps on the bottom corner wear. Hope that helps.