DO you mix and match brands of skin care/cosmetics?

shop-a-holic!

shop 'till you drop!
Nov 2, 2007
I use ReVive toner and cream....and I want to add serum to my daily routine now since my skin is starting to age.....:crybaby:..I would love to get ReVive serum but it's so expensive(600!) and my best friend swears by Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Reapir(the famous little brown bottle).....

Is it OK to mix up the brands? use ReVive toner, Estee lauder's serum and then back to ReVive's Cream? Or should I change to Estee's toner and cream(once I am done with ReVive stuff) since I CANNOT afford ReVive's serum? I really like ReVive's cream I wanna sort of keep it....

Is it OK to mix up the brands by items or should I just stick to one?

I mix brands a lot. Find the products that are best for you, don't worry about the brands' marketing (which is usually all a 'range' is - marketing)

I mix brands too. SKII, Dermalogica, Skinceuticals, Malin+Goetz, etc. I look for particular great products from each and every brand to cater to my needs. I recently tried SKII's entire line - essence+moisturizer+cleanser+toner, and can only conclude that I do not like the essence as it makes me break out. The other ones are great actually. I love Skinceuticals' Phyto+ and Phyto Corrective Gel and their Renew Overnight for oily skin. I also use Dermalogica's cleansers and boosters for days when I need a little extra.

It's good go use a product specifically catered for your skin's needs at that particular point in time. Like, your skin might be oily in the morning, but drier at night. So you might need 2 different moisturizers - a lighter one, and a heavier one. Know what I mean?

^ I agree :yes:

I use different brands for everything. I use whatever works best and I've yet to find a company whose products are EACH the best I've tried... I'm not going to by a substandard toner or cleanser from a company just because their moisturizer is good KWIM?...

Oh my goodness you can totally mix brands. Anyone who tells you otherwise is fibbing. Only reason I wouldnt is if just an example, one cream I put on contains AHA & another product I want to apply has BHA-that would cause skin irritation.

I think it's perfectly normal to mix brands. I do it all the time! I use my Shiseido skincare when I have the time to go through all the steps, which is most days.. but when I'm in a hurry (read: overslept lol), I'll just use regular Dove soap and a Clinique moisturizer samples.

I do it all the time.
I was once told I shouldn't do this because the product could react together :confused1:. I think the lady who told me just wanted me to get all my products from the brand she represented...