Do you match your shoes to your purse?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I've always believed that your shoes should match your purse, but lately I find myself matching my shoes to my shirt and my purse to my other accessories or pants.

What do you all think?

2. I used to but sheesh who has the time anymore? I guess I'm more concious of it if I'm dressed to the nines....

3. I try to match my purse to my outfit, not necessarily my shoes per se...but in same color family as my outfit (as long as it is a casual outfit). Like if I wear a blue dress and brown shoes I'm likely to wear a blue bag with brown trim...like my dooney and burke (it is a nice dark blue with chocolate brown handles...not juvenile printed;) I won't necessarily match the bag to the shoes but I will try to stay in the color family. Now, if it is evening wear though...that is when I will definitely match the bag and shoes exact colors. Like if I wear gold shoes...I have to have a gold bag. :smile:

4. Never! Too 1960's! Blecchh!

5. No, not usually. I don't match, I coordinate.

6. Not always!
    Lov2shop:60's are OK!!!!:crybaby:

7. I do that to :yes:

8. me too! not into matchey matchey

9. It's not too hard to match with black, but different shades of brown it can be a little harder. I usually try to partially coordinate with how dressy/casual my outfit is with a purse.

10. Sometimes I try to make sure theyre in the same color family, but I dont have to time to change every purse & every shoe.

11. I coordinate mine as well. :yes:

12. no belt matches the shoes
    pants match socks
    and handbag works the outfit :smile:

13. Not usually, as I normally wear fairly neutral shoes/boots and characterful bags.

However, I'm not totally against it. I have some silver JC Grecian sandals that look great with my silver mesh Chloe bag. Also, I have a beautiful pair of D&G green and gold sandals that co-ordinate perfectly with my black, green and gold Chloe clutch. :yes:

What I will rarely, if ever, do is to wear the same designer, style and colour for both. For example, if I had a Paddy (which I don't), I would never wear it with a pair of Paddington Boots - way too predictable, IMO.

14. I have mostly black shoes so any of my bags go just fine. I too don't like being matchy-matchy.

However, I won't carry my burgundy bag when I wear my red boots (!) and I would never carry a black bag with brown shoes - I'd choose anything but a black bag for that.

15. Used to.. but not anymore..

It's cheesy nowadays.. Imagine you have a red bag and a red shoes... It can be too much...

Now I just want to showcase one of my item... if I had a red bag.. then everything else can be one color neutral...

But that depends though... If it's like a neutral color.. brown and brown... it's ok... That's my opinion!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice