Do you love your Bijoux Chain Jumbo?

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
Before all of the price increase insanity, I purchased a black lamb Jumbo bijoux chain flap from a reseller. I love this bag from pics, but have never seen one IRL or tried it on. My bag has not arrived yet but I am starting to wonder if it was a good purchase (probably because I feel guilty buying two new reissues pre-increase). I already have a black patent Jumbo with SHW. Will these be too similar? Obviously, one is patent and one is lamb and they have different chains, but still.

My collection currently consists of:

Black Patent Jumbo (single flap)
Black Lamb Bijoux Chain Jumbo
Navy Caviar Jumbo (double flap)
Lavender Lamb Jumbo (double flap)
Navy Reissue 227 RHW
Pale Gold Reissue 227 RHW
Grey Reissue 226 RHW
Gold Reissue 226 GHW
Taupe Reissue 226 RHW
Black Reissue Camera Bag Large GHW
Pearly White Mini GHW
Light Grey Igloo Flap (from the recent sale)
Silver distressed ice cube flap (from the recent sale)
Various WOCs
CC Pocket Tote in Black
Black Caviar 31 Hobo

Do you think the Bijoux chain flap is a good purchase for me? And, if you have one, do you love it? Pros? Cons? Thanks!

I don't have one but that was one that got away when I was into another brand at the time. I love the bijoux chain in the classic flaps. That's what brought me into the world of Chanel flaps! :nuts: How do you like the Simply CC from the current collection? When I saw the Simply CC collection, it reminds me of the hybrid flaps. The only issue I could think of from this collection (working off of long term memory here LOL) is the lamb being softer and losing its structure with use. Do you see that already from the pictures?
Otherwise, I don't think it's too redundant. I mean, we all have multiple flap bags. If a stranger looks at our bags, all of our flaps would look redundant.

I just sold my back one! Crazy I know. I do not know what I was thinking, now that I HATE double flaps! I also have a grey lambskin one that is BNWT;s. It is gorgeous and really glam!
You will love it! I regret selling the black one now!

Is this the 07 bijoux chain? If so I have the same bag and it's my fave Chanel piece. The lamb from 07 is so puffy and sturdy, simply the best, and it's very rare and hard to find now. The bijoux chain is slightly longer than the regular leather/metal intertwining chain, but you can shorten it by tying it from the inside. I don't think it's similar to your blk patent jumbo and I think it's a fabulous addition to your collection.

I had a mango one and I sold it. Worst. Decision. Ever.

The bijoux chain classic flaps are the best IMO. One of these days I'm going to score a red caviar one. I hope.

I don't have one but that was one that got away when I was into another brand at the time. I love the bijoux chain in the classic flaps. That's what brought me into the world of Chanel flaps! :nuts: How do you like the Simply CC from the current collection? When I saw the Simply CC collection, it reminds me of the hybrid flaps. The only issue I could think of from this collection (working off of long term memory here LOL) is the lamb being softer and losing its structure with use. Do you see that already from the pictures?
Otherwise, I don't think it's too redundant. I mean, we all have multiple flap bags. If a stranger looks at our bags, all of our flaps would look redundant.

Thanks bluekit! The Simply CC collection is nice, but not a "must have" for me. I tried the mini but it was way too small. I thought I had read that the lamb on these flaps was actually more durable than the current lambskin. I hope that is true! I am just wondering if two black Jumbos with SHW is too much. Hopefully, I will fall in love when I receive it. I think I just feel like I have bought too many recently :smile:

I have the burnt orange Jumbo with the so called 'new' bijoux chain and I still love it as much as the day I bought it at the boutique. The bijoux chain flaps are truly special and the lightweight chain is a real bonus in my book.

I just sold my back one! Crazy I know. I do not know what I was thinking, now that I HATE double flaps! I also have a grey lambskin one that is BNWT;s. It is gorgeous and really glam!
You will love it! I regret selling the black one now!

Thanks sjunky! What do you think of the lambskin? Is it fairly durable? I love that it is single flap and also love the look of the bijoux chain. I just haven't seen it IRL yet and am feeling like I went overboard with purchases recently. I know it is a timeless piece that I will probably get a lot of use out of, I just don't like to have redundancy at the current prices. Hopefully you got a good price for your black one :smile:

Is this the 07 bijoux chain? If so I have the same bag and it's my fave Chanel piece. The lamb from 07 is so puffy and sturdy, simply the best, and it's very rare and hard to find now. The bijoux chain is slightly longer than the regular leather/metal intertwining chain, but you can shorten it by tying it from the inside. I don't think it's similar to your blk patent jumbo and I think it's a fabulous addition to your collection.

Thanks Alice1979! I don't knopw the year. The lamb looks really puffy in the pics. I probably will need to shorten the chain because even the chain on the Jumbo feels long to me.

Thanks sjunky! What do you think of the lambskin? Is it fairly durable? I love that it is single flap and also love the look of the bijoux chain. I just haven't seen it IRL yet and am feeling like I went overboard with purchases recently. I know it is a timeless piece that I will probably get a lot of use out of, I just don't like to have redundancy at the current prices. Hopefully you got a good price for your black one :smile:

I never used the grey one. LOL. It is sturdy and now that I sold the black one. I am def keeping the grey!
I sold the black one because I have 2 blk maxi's, one black reisssue and I love Maxi's more than jumbo's!

Get it and trust me. It is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

I have the red caviar from 07 and the mango one from 09(or 08). Anyway, I love them and will never sell them. The bijoux chain just makes it a striking and gorgeous bag. I think you will love it. I always get compliments from the sa's whenever I wear these bags. Congrats on such a great find!!

I have the burnt orange Jumbo with the so called 'new' bijoux chain and I still love it as much as the day I bought it at the boutique. The bijoux chain flaps are truly special and the lightweight chain is a real bonus in my book.

Thanks Nat! Good to hear that it is lightweight. I was worried that the chain would be heavier.