Do you love the sun, even though you know you shouldn't?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Well I admit it, I like the sun. :beach:. Because I sprained my ankle, I haven't been able to avail myself of my newly fresh clean pool...but I am finally well enough (I think) to brave the pool stairs tomorrow and intend to swim and relax in the sun and get a little color tomorrow!

I know, I know sun is the enemy. Skin cancer, wrinkles and all that, but I can't help myself! Nothing makes me feel healthier and makes me feel 10 pounds lighter than a nice glow.

Please tell me I am not the only one!

Every time I visit an asian country, I am struck by the irony of rows and rows of lightening/whitening products, so similar, yet quite opposite of the self tanners here in the USA.

2. I love the sun too! :smile: I don't intentionally go out to tan but I can play out there for hours on end! Beach bum! Beach Volleyball here we come!!

3. You are not alone! All my life I have been a sunbather. I know what you mean about feeling healthier with some color on your skin. The past 3 or 4 years I never got any sun and I always felt pale and gross all summer. This year, thanks to getting jump-started in the Bahamas, I am once again worshipping the sun. My skin is in good shape and I figure I'll be wrinkled when I'm old regrdless, so what the heck.

4. I pretty much hide from the sun! Everyone in my immediate family has had skin cancer.

When I was little I went to the beach every single day, but always had a lot of sunscreen on. Now I rarely go. When I do, I wear a ton of sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and "hide" under an umbrella the whole time I'm not in the ocean. My FSIL was in Hawaii on vacation last week, and I did get quite a bit of sun... started to turn not so pale. It felt weird! LOL

People are always telling me I should get a tan, but A) it's not worth the risk to me and B) I like being pale. It's just who I am. :smile:

5. Here here on the "healthy color" look :smile: I just returned from Bali and have a nice little tan going on and I LOVE it! (although I do admit that I use a lot more sunscreen than I used to b/k of all the threats and warnings of skin cancer, wrinkles, etc. etc. etc... :smile:)

6. OMG, and guys... promise me that if someone is pale (I don't mean nasty pale... but obviously naturally pale, with freckles and red hair) PLEASE don't nag them about getting a tan. It's the most annoying thing in the world! :crybaby:

7. I get this all the time. I'm Asian and I personally love my skin the way it is. I love the sun but I can't stay out too long. I guess it's because it's been so long since I had a tan... '99 to be exact. I was so 'fried' from working at the day camp. I loved it though!:wlae:

8. I love being tan- but I hate getting so hot!

probably because of that time in HI- I fell asleep on the beach at 11am...........and.........didn't wake up until 430pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omgosh- I was totally burnt ON ONE SIDE OF MY BODY!!!

hahahaha~ now that I think about it- it is funny, the back of my legs were light olive and the front was like medium burnt toast!!!

hahaha!!!

9. I live for a bit of color! I am red headed and freckled and refuse to be in sun (or a tanning bed) with the intent to burn. I did that one time and refuse to ever do that again! I love a nice bit of color...I don't like the leather couch look, but I agree! I just feel better about myself!

10. My father called me a "sun goddess" when I was about 10 years old. If I could be outside in the sun I was there. I am a lot more careful now with sunscreen but my goodness I do love the sun as well!!!

11. I LOVE BALI !!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup, sun, beach and summer breezes, i am definitely that kind of gal, hehehehe

12. yes .. i know it's not the best for ya, but i'm from san diego .. what do u expect? haha!

i loving laying out .. [ used to do the tanning beds all the time ] .. but not anymore. i just loving being in the sun .. at the beach .. it just feels good!

13. You definitely are not alone!

14. yes, i love my sun :P

15. You are not alone:smile:

I think the most important thing to remember while in the sun is not to burn. That is what causes the most damage to your skin. I use SPF of at least 15 on my body and 25 on my face, and despite the high factors, I still get a tan but never burn. Go for a nice heathy tan, surely there can't be anything too wrong with that!
    Everything in moderation:beach:

Twink: Hope you can manage the stairs and enjoy your pool today. I am out of commission too, recovering from surgery which I had yesterday. Wish I could join you in your pool for some water therapy, sun therapy and maybe a little margarita therapy:drinks:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice