Do you live a "croc life"???

I don't own a croc yet but it'll definitely fit in my life.:P
I have the most casual life of all but that doesn't mean I dress casual :graucho: I just love to dress up no matter where I go. If I have to go to the post office or WinCo, I don't care...I'm always dressed up. This is something I enjoy doing although I know it doesn't go with my surroundings LOLOL :roflmfao:

How fun...I love reading about personal perferences and identity... Loren...It is so interesting that you mention the dark brown ostrich...I saw a dark brown ostrich H drag bag at SCP a few years ago...DH and I still talk about that one...just gorgeous...but I passed on a gold ostrich birkin in Madrid...I kept thinking about the chocolate...deep, rich, and very subtle... Gazoo...we will have to sit and gaze over coffee sometime in BH...LOL...and lovingly stroke our black leather bags while wearing our croc sandals/slides/heels...

Nope - I can honestly say I don't live a croc life my bags go on the school run, to swimming lessons, in the cart at the market, on the floor at kiddie gym, everywhere - rain, hail or shine - and I couldn't do that to any exotic.

I can do a little croc, the loafer or the belt, but for me (right now) togo to the way to gogo!

You California gals are so right though I think climate and light have a lot to do with choices. Hermes colours are so lustrous in good light.

That said... I did see a matt croc Birkin in BJ the other day and I wondered.....

Great thread!

I have to say, I always like to dress appropriate for whatever I'm doing, but when in doubt - or just feel like it - I do my own thing and dress how I want to. I never feel overdressed when I take the time to put myself together even if it's just for a simple dinner. I've been to many cocktail parties (and hosted many) when people said to me "You look so elegant, I feel really schumpy!" I never see this as a reflection upon me; rather, upon them. I should qualify that I don't do this to try to outdo other people. I just like to lead of life of attempted elegance, lol. I do the best I can.

Oh! This is about croc! lol. I don't take my croc to the grocery store, but I do use it at work and when I go shopping at more upscale places, and casual social outings. I have to go read that book mentioned. It's right up my alley ;)

Yes. You can let him know that 1964 wouldn't like his new shoes.

You should read her comments on evening bags, various leathers, Snobs, and how to deal with the handicap of extreme height. :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

But...You gotta love a woman who says that as her taste has grown, she's pretty much only carries Hermes and Roberta diCamerino.

I LOVE this book!!!! I get such a hoot out of it and read it over and over again....what a glimpse into past! It's wonderful!

You know....when I saw my Croc Kelly, it was absolute love at first sight. I don't even think I considered whether or not it was suitable for my lifestyle or for the town I live in. I had to have it. It was as simple as that! I didn't even THINK about how I'd use it! I was as if possessed!!!!

If I had paused to think about my lifes circumstances, I don't know if I would have taken the plunge because, quite frankly, I live in one of the most laid-back town imaginable. Dressed up here means a sweat-suit from Nordstrom instead of Target..... and I can't even tell you how many women think Nikes are a form of fancy footwear! But I don't care. I don't care that I'm the only one in line at the pizza place with a reptile handbag 'cause I'm also one of a few women on line with actual SHOES on!

Life is too short. If you love Croc, Chevre, Ostrich, Lizard or Purple Glazed Hyhena with yellow diamond hardware.....I say just go for it! :P

And throw on a nice string of pearls while you're at it!!!!! :yahoo:

Life is too short. If you love Croc, Chevre, Ostrich, Lizard or Purple Glazed Hyhena with yellow diamond hardware.....I say just go for it! :P
And throw on a nice string of pearls while you're at it!!!!!

^^^ Amen to that! Style is all about personal choices. I refuse to dress down for the masses. (doesn't that sound so snobby? But I'm really not).

LOL!!!!!!!!! SoCal! I think you should go for a Croc Jige OR a Croc JPG Kelly clutch! I think either of those bags would work beautifully!!!!!

ooooo.....I just saw a GORGEOUS, drool-worthy black Lizard Plume Elan PM at the SF store and honest to God I was tempted.......TEMPTED. Just...you know.....didn't have the $8K dangling off the money tree at that very moment...........

LOL!!!!!!!!! SoCal! I think you should go for a Croc Jige OR a Croc JPG Kelly clutch! I think either of those bags would work beautifully!!!!!

:wlae: :wlae: :wlae:

Will put CROC JIGE on my April "possibility" list!!!

I think 35 cm KELLY (leather) might still be higher priority... :shame: But croc Jige is a definite possibility... But...35 cm Kelly and another pair of croc/gator Manolos might be just right...LOL...

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: