Do You Limit How Many Chanel Items You Wear At Once?

Emily1830

O.G.
Jul 26, 2013
Hi ladies,

The other day I was about to walk out with a Chanel bag, shoes, and sunglasses and then stopped myself. I remember reading from a blogger that she doesn't wear too many Chanel items at once to avoid looking "tacky." I'm curious: do you limit how many Chanel items you wear at once?

Not me.. As long as my outfit looks good together, I don't really care if everything I wear is from Chanel...
I don't have RTW yet so..I sometimes wear my shoes, bag and sunnies together.

two items, usually, unless the third item is not overt

I agree and I never mix designer logos. My sunglasses are Dita and Oliver Peoples as they have no logo so they go with all my handbags. My one exception are Ferragamo loafers which have the horsebit w/ the logo, although I don't know why. Lol. I think matching a designer bag and shoes is super cute and classy, especially Chanel flats or espadrilles with the bag.

Last edited:
I don't consciously limit myself but come to think about it, I don't remember ever having more than a bag and shoes together. If I'm wearing something Chanel, be it the jacket or dress or shirt, and I have another Chanel item, it's usually a more under the radar bag such as a reissue or it may be a pair of shoes. So I guess it would be two items for me.

I don't consciously limit myself, too - normally I don't wear more than one or two Chanel items at the same time, but sometimes it can be that I wear with bag, shoes, earrings and sunnies up to four Chanel items at the same time :biggrin:;)

I think I once wore my boy bag w my white espadrilles and a brooch on my jacket..... Don't know if that's considered much.... But typically I may wear espadrilles and purse.... So 2 things typically.

Hi ladies,

The other day I was about to walk out with a Chanel bag, shoes, and sunglasses and then stopped myself. I remember reading from a blogger that she doesn't wear too many Chanel items at once to avoid looking "tacky." I'm curious: do you limit how many Chanel items you wear at once?

That's about as much as I would wear if the logos are obvious. The only shoes that I have that are obviously chanel are my espadrilles. In that case, it's probably just the espadrilles and not a Chanel bag. And all of my sunnies are rather discrete so I don't worry about them.

+1

I don't have RTW and don't consciously limit myself. But usually I only have my bag or bag plus necklace.

I have seen ppl in Chanel boutique with head to toe Chanel items (RTW, bag, shoes, wallet, big brooch with CC logo, earnings and necklace)! That was too much for me.

I don't consciously limit myself, too - normally I don't wear more than one or two Chanel items at the same time, but sometimes it can be that I wear with bag, shoes, earrings and sunnies up to four Chanel items at the same time :biggrin:;)

Last edited:
To the contrary, I don't like to mix brands. So I'll wear a skinny chanel belt, choker or short Chanel necklace, chanel bag, chanel pumps or flats, and chanel sunglasses or even my chanel jacket with all of that… as long as logos are not flying everywhere… In fact, i think it would be tacky to mix different brands that show logos…

That being said, a cc belt, cc necklace, cc earings, cc bag, cc shoes, cc etc. is a bit much…

I too don't consciously limit myself. It probably ends up being 2 items usually. But, I can sometimes wear a bag, dummies and shoes. It just depends on how the outfit looks IMO. I would never want to be dressed head to toe in Chanel. Scratch that...I would love someone to supply me with an entire head to toe Chanel look. But, I would still break it up in wearing it. But, that is just me:smile:)

Usually up to 2 items. If I've got heels and bag on, I'll leave the sunglasses and earrings at home. Mind you, I hardly ever wear my earrings. I'd got them as a hand me down from my mum, and however gorgeous they are, I don't really like wearing just a logo.

I had the same thought the other day - I think more than two items is too much. Might appear that you are trying too hard, possibly?

Unless they are understated items, I don't think it matters as much :smile:

Never worry about too many designer items. I usually go for the simpler items from a designer's line and pick small or no logos.

I do think matching shoes and bag is a classic way of styling and do that sometimes. My Chanel RTW and jewellery, as other designer clothing is usually low key so that's not a particular concern. It's the overall look that is more important so as long as that works I'm good to go.

nymamaofone specifically I'm fine with matching bag, shoes and sunglasses assuming they work together.

Last edited:
I like mixing high end with high street pieces to "temper" hi-brow profile. Also because I only invest in bags and not in shirts which I just but at F21 and Uniqlo :smile: So yes, only one chanel per day for me.