Do You Like Your Job?

It's the time of year. End of winter - almost. Everyone drags.

I basically like my job. I work part time in a liquore store. Only there is a bar attached and I get a lot of the drunks coming over to buy "one more". And I work at night. If I had a dime for everyone I got a ride for...or gave a ride home to because they were too drunk to drive; I'd be a rich girl.:lol:

But the good part is I get alot of really nice people. The store is in a small town and 90% of the customers are really good. Just that 10%:evil: .

My boss is great though. He always backs me up because there are times when I won't sell someone liquor or beer because I know it's for someone underage. Also I won't serve someone who is so drunk they can't form the words to tell me what they want!

But when it's slow I can watch television and read books. And it's the easiest job I've every had.

blushingbaby said:
that is an amazing job! i've always wanted to try my hand at something like that.what soaps do you style if you don't mind me asking? i'm so hooked on y&r haha

Guiding Light and As The Wirld turns

( Im hooked on YnR too ! ) I lke Philis and Nick together , dont you ? LOL :lol:

Dani said:
What sort of job do you have?

and, I like my job juust fine, but it's only a part-time one. :smile:

I'm planning on getting into the wonderful world of either PR or Advertising when I graduate, so I'm preparing for a fast-paced super competetive field. :smile: hopefully I can handle it, hah.

PS. Pradasmeadow, your job sounds like SO much fun! :smile:

It is,
let me know if you decide weather you want to do PR or Advertising, Im familar with both fields, My husband is the expert in Advertising.

BagLovingMom said:
I'm so grateful for the job I've got, but I swear I'm in a funk or something, I just feel like I'm dragging at work. I've been in-house at a large corp for 2 years now, it used to feel so fulfilling, but now I feel constrained and stagnant I guess, is anyone else feeling bleh at work?
We're int he same boat. It used to fun and exciting. Dunno what happened. Can't remember why, how and when it happened either. I'm just so meh right now. Oh well, at least it pays for my bags so I can't complain. I am not staying with the company once my visa is up (which is a three year visa and the count started last November so yeah, like 2.5+ more years to go).

Pradasmeadow said:
It is,
let me know if you decide weather you want to do PR or Advertising, Im familar with both fields, My husband is the expert in Advertising.

Really? I'm going to try for an internship in either one of those fields to see how I like it. There are SO many options for either field, and I have no problem starting small and working my way up. :smile:

Do you have any advice for either profession? ( I've had difficulties finding any particulars on either, PR can be SO vauge it's hard to define.)

I have a job right now for a research project. I work in fine jewelry and have been at it for around 6 months now. Its cool, but not something I'd want to do forever.

I just hate my job!! :evil: My boss is the problem he' believes in first breaking people down and then building them up again. He tries this now for 2 1/2 years with me. He's an ex army guy from Eastgermany. and he's so unpredictable that my collegue and I never know how to behave. Everything we do he controls and than complains that he doesn't have any time for his work. The only good thing I can say about him is that he motivates me to study very hard for my B.A in being such a nasty guy. When I'll have my B.A I'll leave this company in no time and I don't want to work at TV channel never ever again. Our GM tolerates him even knowing how he treats us (calling us names, sexual harrassment etc.)

Tanja said:
I just hate my job!! :evil: My boss is the problem he' believes in first breaking people down and then building them up again. He tries this now for 2 1/2 years with me. He's an ex army guy from Eastgermany. and he's so unpredictable that my collegue and I never know how to behave. Everything we do he controls and than complains that he doesn't have any time for his work. The only good thing I can say about him is that he motivates me to study very hard for my B.A in being such a nasty guy. When I'll have my B.A I'll leave this company in no time and I don't want to work at TV channel never ever again. Our GM tolerates him even knowing how he treats us (calling us names, sexual harrassment etc.)

Under no circumstances should you ever stay in an enviroment where there is any kind of sexual harrassment or verbal abuse ! :evil:

I agree with Pradasmeadow. Sexual harassment and verbal abuse cannot be tolerated. :evil: I will find a new job and try to leave as soon as possible!

For me, my job is challenging but at the same time can drive me nuts. Cos my bosses are ambitious. They want to achieve alot of things and yet we do not have enough manpower. So every one of us are multi-tasking alot of things at the same time.:sad:

May I know how do your bosses appreciate you?

For the most part, I like my job. The people here are all nearly the same age, and very nice. The work, on the other hand, has gotten a bit stagnant because we are going through a growth phase, and my position is in transition. I am hoping that things will pick up...I'd rather be busy, than sitting around waiting for 6pm to come around.

I like my job. I'm a project manager for a contact lens mfg. I have a great boss! She's a good friend. We go shopping and stuff when we're slow! She understands having to go home to meet the Fedex guy.