Do you like this bag? YOUR OPINION?

Also- I am hoping to go see them later this afternoon- I also love the look of the Day (hobo)- just need to try it on! I can't wait to go- just waiting for the babysitter to get here! I will give you an update when I get back!

english_girl_900 said:
This one is a new style, called the courier. Its wider than the messenger, so it doesn't have some of the same issues. It isn't exactly 'feminine', but I quite liked it - I think it depends on the colour. The large is enormous though - like 'I could live in it' enormous - but it comes in a medium size too, which might be more your speed.

So- the Messenger comes in a medium size?- or Courier comes in a medium- sorry for being confusing!

english_girl_900 said:
^^ Yes, I meant the courier comes in medium size as well as large.

english_girl, have you seen the medium courier yet? Bal NY has the large size, but they don't have the medium one. When I asked my SA about it he had no idea what I was talking about.

Hi
Well I went to Barney's in Chestnut Hill, MA. to check out the Balenciaga bags- they didn't have the Courier in that store but said maybe their other store in Boston did- so I did not get to see it! So frustrating! I really want to check that style out in the medium. Anyway, they had all the other styles but I want a longer strap- so I had no luck! I just thought I'd let you know they had white, pink (light pink-not bubblegum pink), lavender, black and blue bags- they had a lot of them in all the styles. I think I am drawn to metalic colors that I see some of you have. I never thought I would like metallic so much but I do. I guess I will have to wait and see if I can locate the Courier somewhere soon.

zacorey said:
Hi
Well I went to Barney's in Chestnut Hill, MA. to check out the Balenciaga bags- they didn't have the Courier in that store but said maybe their other store in Boston did- so I did not get to see it! So frustrating! I really want to check that style out in the medium. Anyway, they had all the other styles but I want a longer strap- so I had no luck! I just thought I'd let you know they had white, pink (light pink-not bubblegum pink), lavender, black and blue bags- they had a lot of them in all the styles. I think I am drawn to metalic colors that I see some of you have. I never thought I would like metallic so much but I do. I guess I will have to wait and see if I can locate the Courier somewhere soon.

zacorey, did you get to see the Day (aka Hobo)?

Unfortunately you won't be able to find the Courier in a metallic color. It would only currently be manufactured in the Spring 2006 colors. Which would mean you would have to go with rust (reddish orange) cognac (dark camel) or emerald green.

angstofgumby said:
zacorey, did you get to see the Day (aka Hobo)?

Unfortunately you won't be able to find the Courier in a metallic color. It would only currently be manufactured in the Spring 2006 colors. Which would mean you would have to go with rust (reddish orange) cognac (dark camel) or emerald green.

Hi!
Yes, I did see the Day! I loved it but I needed the handle to be a little longer. What color do you have it in? It's GORGEOUS!

zacorey said:
Hi!
Yes, I did see the Day! I loved it but I needed the handle to be a little longer. What color do you have it in? It's GORGEOUS!

That's a bummer. I was really hoping that it would work for you.

I love big bags but it took me a while to warm up to the Day. For some reason I was afraid that the top wouldn't slouch down like I wanted it to. Boy was a wrong; this bag is FAB! It looks great on and I'm constantly amazed at how much stuff I can fit in it. It's the most comfortable Balenciaga that I own and it is so easy to grab and take on the run.

My Day is ink. I'm considering getting one in cognac, and now I'm on the lookout for older colors in this style on eBay too. I really can't praise it enough.