Do you like the new nordstrom.com?

WOW. I thought I was the only one. I wrote on their feedback that if a 20 year old find this website extremely complicated can you image the 30-40-50 year old thats not excessively tech savvy.

I got a response back. This was it:

Dear Ms. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Nordstrom regarding your recent Nordstrom website experience. I am sorry for any inconvenience or frustration our new website design may have caused.

At Nordstrom, our goal remains to offer our customers the best fashion available. Our new site is designed to provide cleaner pages, larger images, efficient search options, and the ability for customers to interact with the website. We are constantly trying to improve our website and the way we reach customers. We apologize that the new design was difficult to navigate through and I will pass this feedback on, as it is not our intention to upset our customers.

Please feel free to contact us at 1-888-282-6060 and we will be happy to help you navigate through our new site. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,

Nancy XXXXX.
Personal Shopper
Nordstrom Direct

I had a live chat with rep like month ago. I told her that I want to give the feedback about new site. She said : OK. It made for easy navi things. But if I am not happy with a new site, she can not do anything about that. I have to learn if I am a fan of Nordies. I am still shock until now.

I did a quick search after that too see if someone doesn't like new website. There are ton of ppl.

I can see so many sale item still staying there. At least for popular items.

I was told that it took 10 years for Nordie to design new website.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I hate the new site! I gave it a couple weeks too and have even purchased a few items, thinking that if I gave it a chance maybe I would like it---WRONG! I hate it! I can't stand how if I just hover over something then a box drops down. The old site was so much better! I find myself using Neimans or Saks sites to search for items now and then maybe Ill call my SA at Nords to buy. But I just do not like this site!

I have a friend who is an asst mgr at a Nords and was talking to her this past weekend. She said they have had TONS of complaints about this new site. Especially from their older clients. I guess it was too big of a change that they wish Nords had eased into--but it was too much for some people to handle.

I just wish Nords would go back to the old site, but I doubt that will happen :sad:

My complaint is a little different than the rest, but I'm most upset that they did away with the "best sellers" option. Customer ratings is the next best filter, but there are several items that don't have ratings yet that are much more difficult to track down now.

I totally agree. I thought I needed to give it some time, but even after a few weeks, I still find it difficult to navigate and find things unless I use the search box. It's good if you have something specific to search for, but not so much for browsing.

I think they got too caught up with trying to make the website seem more hip, more fashion magazine like, and more "social" that they forgot the primary goal of the site - which is to get people to shop! The only interactions I care about from a shopping site is the shopping process itself and reading or writing product reviews.

Sadly, I have also been visiting other shopping sites more since their redesign.

heres what they replied back to me

Dear Nordstrom Customer,

Thank you for contacting Nordstrom regarding your recent Nordstrom website experience. I am sorry for any inconvenience or frustration our new website design may have caused.

At Nordstrom, our goal remains to offer our customers the best fashion available. Our new site is designed to provide cleaner pages, larger images, efficient search options, and the ability for customers to interact with the website. We are constantly trying to improve our website and the way we reach customers. We apologize that the new design was difficult to navigate through and I will pass this feedback on, as it is not our intention to upset our customers.

Please feel free to contact us at 1-888-282-6060 and we will be happy to help you navigate through our new site. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to pass along your feedback.

Regards,

Lori
Personal Shopper
Nordstrom Direct

This is the same exact response I got! Boy, they must be getting a lot of complaints if they have a stock answer ready for everyone....

heres what they replied back to me

Dear Nordstrom Customer,

Please feel free to contact us at 1-888-282-6060 and we will be happy to help you navigate through our new site. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to pass along your feedback.

Regards,

Lori
Personal Shopper
Nordstrom Direct

I'm not a fan. I like to view as many items as possible on one page. It seems too convoluted for a shopping website. This is coming from a 20 year old graphic designer.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!