Do you like prices to be advertised in your fashion/style sources?

MiuMiow

O.G.
May 6, 2008
I've just gone through the new collections issue of my local Elle magazine and was really bugged by the fact that they did not advertize the prices of anything, not couture gowns but not even a pair or Woolford tights (which are not thàt steep in price).

For shop windows I do get it but in magazines I want to know how much something is. Not everything is always findeable online and I like to know if something is within my reach or not, I like to go OMG at the price of things (in good or bad ways). With brands you usually already have a fair idea of their usual costs anyway so I don't really see why they don't mention prices. Even aproximations would be a start.

Does it bother (well, I say bother, maybe a big word) do you notice? Does anyone know why not everything is advertised?

it frustrates me. a lot of the time i'll see nice things from brands i've never even heard of so i have no idea if their pieces are attainable for me or not. so a lot of the time, i'll just assume it's too expensive and i won't bother trying to find the info. it would definitely make things easier if they'd post the prices. i too am interested by the pricing and i like to look at things and see if they're worth it or not IMO :smile:

luckily instyle posts most prices except for really extravagant stuff (big jewels and fur).

I totally agree - I'd rather see prices there. It keeps me from getting overly fond of an item that's out of reach, but also, at times surprises me that something I would not have researched, assuming the worst, is actually reasonably priced. It is one of the things I really like about InStyle, too!

I like seeing the prices, because I thinks it's also a great indicator that you don't have to pay a ton for really great stuff.

I especially like when they post prices on things that celebs like because sometimes it's fun to have that "Hey she likes the same 2 chapstick as me too!"