Do you like people to copy your style????

I would be weirded out, because it has never happened. Most of my friends are more conservative dressers than I am. The others are fashionable and have their own style....

Meet for for lunch, just the two of you, and wear something atrocious that you would never wear. Mostly just to get a laugh out of when she copies it.

Well, they say that "imitation is the greatest form of flattery" but I have to agree that when people try to copy any part of my style it's extremely annoying. It's one thing to gain inspiration from someone but it's another to COPY them.

You need to talk to her! ON one hand it's kind of flattering, but I can see how it would get really annoying and you could really start to resent her. Talk to her before it gets totally out of hand!

I think it's certainly flattering that she likes your style, but copying you that much is ridiculous! Maybe you could sit her down and nicely explain that you are flattered she admires your style, but perhaps she should incorporate her own style into what she wears. Or you could offer to go shopping with her and help her pick out stuff you think would look good on her. Maybe she doesn't know where to start or what to buy, so she just goes with what works- your style!

I think it bugs me so much because as a child my dad told me that it's always best to set your own style and not follow things just because other people do, that has stuck with me. Plus every purchase I make tends to be thought out and for someone just to copy winds me up

Does this mean you don't follow trends or pay attention to whats in or out this season? I don't, I just go by what I like but if someone copies me I don't care either.

Does this mean you don't follow trends or pay attention to whats in or out this season? I don't, I just go by what I like but if someone copies me I don't care either.

I read magazines and look at stuff but I tend to wear what I want rather than be dictated to by what is deemed fashionable......I wouldn't wear Maharishi pants if I was a mindless follower of fashion

In college, I worked at a bank part-time. A co-worker copied my style from my hair down to my accessories. At first I thought it was flattering but when I started seeing her buy the exact items I owned, it became very annoying.

A couple of years later, I had a friend who also did the same thing.

Like everyone else here, I didn't like it at all.

Well I have thought about it long and hard and decided that ....

a I will no longer go shopping with her
b Never ever wear anything worth copying when I do see her
c tell her when she wears a similar outfit to mine that it doesn't suit her style/ colouring etc.( well I'll try:tup:)

Failing all of this I will just break off the friendship , it's not worth it!!!

Thanks for all your comments , it's reassuring to know it I'm not alone on this one.