Do you like distressed leather?

Jen4

Apr 15, 2009
I'm asking because I dove into Linea Pelle with the metallic distressed mini speedy and for some reason it looks dirty to me instead of beautiful...I love the bag but the color is a lot different than I thought. I want to love it and wondered if any of you love it or if any don't like it?

i had that bag for a bit and i'm sorry to say that i agree with you (re: the "dirty" vs. cool-looking-because-it's-distressed). i found that it looked patchy and beat up. i love that bag, though (i had one in marigold, too) and it's a lot bigger than "mini" lets on.

i have mini dylan in distress silver, and i love it. i know the color looks weird but for me it looks like vintage and unique. i have other bag in silver color and sometimes it looks too bright to carry during the day. but the distress color makes it less bright so i can carry it anytime i want .. day or night.

Well I got the gold one and it really just looks too dark in places, almost like it got run over by a truck. It's really soft though and I love the shape and size. So I'm keeping the silver and sending back the gold.

I bought that bag in silver and love it. I think it is funky and cute. Now maybe I love it so much since I got it super cheap.... but I think it is a fun bag and it goes great with bright summer outfits!

Jen4, I was actually worried about getting it for precisely the reason you are concerned...it is SO hard to resist a bargain and I almost bought those bags at overstock but the pics made the bags look super distressed.

If I were you, I'd use them for a bit...see if they grow on you. They just may....if not, sell em on ebay (or bonanzle / ecrater for lower fees!!)

good luck!

Marnay you're right about it being cute, the silver is a winner! I'm keeping that one :smile: And yes the fact that it was cheap helps a lot!

siouxie you're right, the silver is growing on me but the gold one had this black tire track looking mark all over the back of it...I know they are all different but that was just too unevenly distressed! I sent it back but I am still glad about the silver one :smile:

jen,,,, i know what you mean,, i had the large one like that,,, it was very cool and unusaul,,, but i like the croc and dylan leathers much better, but yes i love the LP natural leathers,,, they are so smooshy and squishy and rich,,, you literally want to chew on em and eat em up:nuts:,,,, i know that sound wacky, but its twuuuu!!!!;)

just1morebag I love your name!! And ain't it the truth!

Yes I'm loving the leather too :smile: I think I figured out the major difference between the silver and gold, the silver distressing is a tan color and the gold distressing is black...the black seemed to strong but the tan looks neat and I'm definitely liking that one. Now I want a croc double zippy!

I think it really depends on personal preference. I love LP's Croc bags and can't even describe how much I adore the Samantha bag, but I just don't feel anything about the Dylans, considering it be the most popular LPs around.

I once got myself a white patchwork speedy and I just couldn't convince myself to love the rough unfinished edges, and personally I feel the handles look reversely attached and the details of the handles look horrible to me. That's why I've been avoiding all dylan bags ever since. I have no feel to it.

thanx jen,,, yes sad, but its the truth!!! trust me,,, you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a croc bag!!! i think,,, and have seen alot of comments on here from the other girls that they think thats lps best line,,,,

tejava,,, i used to feel exactly the same way about the dylans leather!!! i had ordered a leaf green long dylan and LOVED the color & hated the handles and the way it didn't hold its shape,,,, at all!!! then for some reason...{ i guess it was the bargain price at gomatta girls that inspired me},,, i bought the black long dylan that ive still got,,, and am totally in love with now,,, it seems to be a thicker sturdier leather, and i guess the color w/ the rough edges & the studs just really appeal to me now,,, thus the recent amythest long dylan purchase,,,, that one i love too!!! i think since they seem to make each bag unique and seperatly that each one is alittle different,,, i don't know,,,, but ive definitly fallen for em.