Do you like Chinese ebayers?

It really all depends I think. But I think people mostly don't buy from Chinese resellers because of the reputation. I have so many friends who won't buy from Vietnam, Philippines, Singapore, and anywhere else that's Southeast Asia. Just that the reputation is so terrible. It only takes so little to make everyone get the wrong idea!

Recently I have been looking for a hard case for my iPhone and the sellers with the best prices are from China. And let me tell ya none of them checked out on toolhaus. So many of them had feedbacks that went something like, "took weeks to arrive", "broke after a couple of uses", "seller does not communicate", "arrived broken", etc etc. I check feedback on toolhaus before I even put the item in my 'watch' list. After reading those feedbacks, I ended up buying from a seller that's located in CA.

It matters little to me where you are located as long as the item and feedback checks out I guess. Mostly because I don't want the item to take a month and a half to arrive and then if it ends up to be a bad auction I would be out of time to open a case!

There are a lot of resellers of authentic luxury goods from Hong Kong. And Hong Kong is China isn't it?

I had set up my preferences to show only US auctions, so I don't really see too many auctions for China. However, depending on the item, something non-US will show, which is weird. Anyhow, it's nothing against China, or any other country. I just feel more comfortable buying from US sellers. It's bad enough some US sellers scam and sell crap, then you're loosing money, etc. Don't want to even try dealing with an international transaction gone bad.

I have purchased things from China before (key holder, friendship bracelets, cheap non designer bags, skirt, you know- small items...)

Every transaction went well. Sellers got parcels to me within 2 weeks, shipping costs were cheap, sellers were friendly and left feedback for me as soon as i paid and items were as described and good quality. Maybe i just lucked out, i dunno. But i know that i would never boycott one particular country because of a few bad eggs...

I've bought quite a bit of nail art supplies from Chinese sellers (HK, specifically) and have been very happy.

I would be reluctant to buy luxury items, but not because of any prejudice. I'd rather buy in the US to avoid customs, have an easier time opening a dispute (if unfortunately that is needed) and the shipping is almost always going to be faster.

Generally I would think twice about purchasing anything from over seas on eBay. Because if it anything goes wrong, it would be hard to return. So from China to France, there is no difference for me. I purchased Dries van Noten coat from a HK seller before and it was authentic.

Over the last five years, I have purchased ebay furniture, clothing, Christian Louboutin, Swarovski, and/or compact discs from the UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Canada, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Switzerland, France, Austria, Australia, Singapore, Macau, Hong Kong, China, Portugal, Spain, Japan, etc. with little to no issue.

The only issue I have had with an out of country purchase was a German seller of a very rare compact disc who took 60 days to ship it only after my sending him several messages through ebay. It did eventually arrive safely.

If the seller uses international registered priority post, items usually arrive by the 5th day. Additionally, I have also sold to Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and the U.K., always using international priority mail or first class mail (if buyer requested) with no issues other than a month-long transit time to Brazil.

I would also like to mention that I have have had more issues with American ebayers selling bootlegs, damaged, filthy, and/or defective merchandise than with international sellers, despite living in America myself.

There are a lot of resellers of authentic luxury goods from Hong Kong. And Hong Kong is China isn't it?

hong kong is now a part of china but the culture and language and even money is different.

while china and hong kong has quite a bit of fakes (always has, always will be unfortunately i think...........) they are also a HUGE group of consumers that will buy the legit. why else is groups like louis vuitton, chanel (with the china exclusives), hermes (even starting a label that is made in china), etc have stores there and are gearing to develop more?

who do you think buys those luxury goods? tourists? may be a few, but more then anything its the locals.

so just because it is from china/hong kong doesn't mean its not real..however, there IS a good chance most are fakes as those who have the real thing is so rich they'd move onto another purse without thinking of selling the older one.. probably dump it in the back of their walk in closet or regift it to the maids or something..in china it is seriously super rich or super poor.

I'm a very patient buyer, with many great overseas transactions in the past, including from Australia, United Kingdom, HK, Morocco, China, Japan, etc. I never worried, and every seller was perfect.

Still, after a recent US-to-US experience that cost me a bundle in return shipping, I've decided to restrict my buys to US only, even though I know I'll miss out on some great deals -- there's absolutely no prejudice involved toward any country or any people, it's strictly financial and headache avoidance for me.

I bought 2 high end purses from HK and never had any problem
Me too. It just depends if they're reputable sellers. You just have to be vigilant and check the feedback to see what they're selling and have sold. If they have 10 of the same exact bag listed using the same pics for each auction, you can reasonably ascertain, IMO, it might not be on the level. I am also very wary of stock photos. I wont buy fron ANYONE that just has a stock photo as their gallery photo with no additional pictures. I hate to say this, there are many people who know they're buying a fake because they can't afford the authentic item and do it though ebay because they feel "more secure". I have gotten a few fakes here in the US which really annoyed me. So to answer the question, I am wary of everyone.

I would buy generic things from Chinese ebayers, but nothing designer. There are some sellers that have cute things for sale, and I've bought those items and liked them....but they weren't designer. All you have to do is look at ioffer to see why people are turned off to buying designer items from China.