Do you like Bally bags?

1. Hi, everyone!
    I never saw here any people mentioning Bally bags. (Maybe didn't look carefully?) Does anyone like them? I mean, I have 2 of them and they were my first expensive designer bags. I simply love them! They are both black (one leather, one canvas) and easily match any outfit. I know, most of their designs may not be super-trendy, but some of ther bags are fabulous. What do you think?

2. You're correct - Bally is rarely mentioned.

I own a couple of bags from a few seasons back. Their quality can be very variable, in my opinion, as sometimes the leather scratches easily.

I use to really like the designs but it seems like they are trying to be more trendy and then it's hit or miss.

There's a huge Bally store in the major shopping center here, but I don't know of many online retailers that sell them, so that could be the reason they are not mentioned more often.

3. I like bally bags too (I don't own any yet), but I don't think they're hugely popular here in the UK. they used to have a few bally stores in London, now they just have the flagship store an a concession in Selfridges.

4. I used to like their shoes but I haven't seen anything in the stores in quite a while. I just checked out their web site and saw a couple of cute bags like a lilac croc satchel. I agree with favoritethingshawaii - the designs are hit or miss.

Bally_croc_F2006.jpg
  5. i looove their shoes...they r of a good quality...i've buying from Bally for more than 20 years..but never bought a bag..i guess they would be of the same quality

6. I thinks it's really regional.. love the bags but actually never bought one yet
    very classic style- but I agree with you ladies before- sometimes they try a little to hard... maybe need a new designer... the quality is excellent

7. ---

8. I looove their bags, their shoes... it is all so me... I am a huge fan... So huge, that I drive 400 km to the nearest Bally store during sales)))... and splurge... within the limits of my budget, of course... Luckily, I won't have to do this anymore, as Bally is moving into my town... YAHOO!!! I have 5 Bally bags at the moment, scarlet red, green-turquoise, bordeauh-brown, brown and black. All in leather, except for the brown one which is in suede and is my favourite Bally. The first three are from the older collections and a tiny-tiny, but they will be facing a comeback this summer... I totally disagree about Bally being viewed as traditional, it depends on where you shop and how you mix it, I guess... Anyway, I am seriously biased on this issue.

9. I'm glad this thread came up. I've seen some nice bags in magazine ads and on-line at Zappos.com, but never IRL. I didn't know about the quality, though. It's good to hear they're well-made.

10. my mother loved Bally bags. she has a few that have sumptuous leather, in very classic styles.

recently, though, i've noticed that they've been trying to catch up with the flashier brands with trendier styles. i agree that some of the bags seem like they're trying too hard. they should stick to making classic beautiful leather bags, and just update the styles a little without going overboard.

11. My mother loves Bally bags too. This is why when I was younger, I thought Bally bags are for old ladies. But now as I get older a bit (just a bit LOL), I realize that they're classics. Their qualities are one of the best too. I don't own any Bally bag yet, and I don't know if I will buy it anytime soon. But I know I would get some hand-me-down Bally from my mom, that's for sure. :graucho:

12. I've got two bags, one going back to 1990, and they're fine but not my favorites. I like some of the bags they're producing now, but oh are they expensive for what you get. I would probably look at them more, but I haven't liked the service I've gotten at the store here in Atlanta so I avoid them for the most part.

Ferragamo just got on my crap list as well for the same reason.

13. I just don't like the way they look. Sorry, just not my taste.

14. I have 8 Bally bags, 6 hand me downs from my mother and 2 that I bought for myself. I carry them to work, not so much as a fashion statement.

A bit of context regarding my taste... I tend to favor simpler bags. I work in a creative field and my clothes and shoes tend to reflect that. But for whatever reason, I like to keep my bags simple and discreet. For everyday I like my Longchamp bags.

15. I got one handed down from my grandma. Its a red leather flap (looks a lot like chanel, but not as luxurious). It is pretty though, and the quality is good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice