Do you let friends or family "try on" your Chanels????

PurseCrazyGal

Miss_Marlena
O.G.
Jan 9, 2008
Hi ladies.:smile: Just curious what other Chanel ladies do. I get requests from time to time. I'm okay with close friends & family.:yes: Most all of my friends & family would never own a Chanel. So I guess they just wanna see what it feels like? I don't know.:hrmm: Wondering what some of you other ladies feel about it.

Last edited:
HaHa. Most of my friends don't really even comment on my bags, but I just got a brand new white caviar jumbo flap and I asked my mom to hold it for me (we were on an airplane and my Chanel was NOT touching the floor). She was so funny and was definitely very careful with it. My husband is on a very strict "no touch" policy.

I will definitely let my sister borrow it. She has nicer stuff than I do and she would lend me anything. The only problem is, we live too far away from each other now, to be sharing purses.

My younger friends have 'girls happy hour' at my place ... they come over for martinis and drooling over my collections. I have no problem with friends trying on or borrowing my bags .. they tend to be Chanel bodyguards when we go out, anyway.

I'm not sure that anyone has ever really wanted to. I don't let anyone borrow anything. I just don't want to get in to that habit regardless of how expensive or cheap the item may be. I would let someone try it on I suppose but it just hasn't come up.

Most definitely try on. My mum and my sis are welcome to borrow my bags. If people want to try on my bags, they can do so too. To me, they are only bags and if letting other people try them on make them happy, why not?

I recently lent my classic flap to a friend while we were going out together. I wanted to enable her to get it, so yes, I have lent bags to friends. Only to those I trust and truly know the value of my handbags-- fiscal and emotional value. I've lent my cousin a few bags but she does NOT take care of them, so I no longer lend her any bags. Thankfully, I took the bags back before any real damage occurred.

However, I do lend bags to friends for two reasons: I trust them (and usually I am there to make sure they don't harm my bags) and I want them to buy some too! Hehehe.