Do you leave the hang tag on?

Do you leave the Coach hangtag on your bags?

• Yes

• No

• Depends which bag

Results are only viewable after voting.
I figured I’d revive an old thread instead of starting a new one after my most recent purchase. I had bad luck with my Coach hang tags falling off of my Rogue satchels, which were my first Coach bags, so I automatically take them off of my new bags and store them. I just did the same with my new Cassie 19 without a thought, but then I was curious about what other people do with their hangtags. I’d be so sad to lose one again.

I figured I’d revive an old thread instead of starting a new one after my most recent purchase. I had bad luck with my Coach hang tags falling off of my Rogue satchels, which were my first Coach bags, so I automatically take them off of my new bags and store them. I just did the same with my new Cassie 19 without a thought, but then I was curious about what other people do with their hangtags. I’d be so sad to lose one again.

I've had a few fall off, but I had found them before they were gone forever. Because of that I've taken some off their bags if they seem precarious, and replace with a bag charm or scarf. On my Rogues, I've left some of them on, but tucked them in the outer pockets or taken them off completely.

Reactions: JVSXOXO and SLI1
I've had a few fall off, but I had found them before they were gone forever. Because of that I've taken some off their bags if they seem precarious, and replace with a bag charm or scarf. On my Rogues, I've left some of them on, but tucked them in the outer pockets or taken them off completely.
You’re fortunate to not have lost them. My husband saw right when one of mine fell off as we were walking into a restaurant, otherwise I wouldn’t have noticed until it was too late. So that one I tucked inside the outer pocket as well. But I don’t know when I lost the hangtag off of my other rogue. I never had any issues with them coming off either of my rogue totes though. Maybe I’ll try putting one on my Cassie 19. I just don’t trust that I’ll notice if it does fall off.

Reactions: Tygriss
Those gunmetal chains were notorious for coming open and letting the hangtag fall. This was about 2016. A member here, maybe @katev, came up with a way to 'shrink wrap' the closure of the chain, preventing them from falling off. I'll see if I can find those posts. I believe they used some small plastic tubing, maybe from Amazon, and, maybe, a hairdryer?

Those gunmetal chains were notorious for coming open and letting the hangtag fall. This was about 2016. A member here, maybe @katev, came up with a way to 'shrink wrap' the closure of the chain, preventing them from falling off. I'll see if I can find those posts. I believe they used some small plastic tubing, maybe from Amazon, and, maybe, a hairdryer?
Oh that’s interesting. I swear I remember reading about someone using fishing line to keep them on. I also remember thinking I’d rather just put them away than go through such lengths. :biggrin:

Reactions: Tygriss
Just found a number of videos on YouTube showing exactly how to shrink wrap your hangtag, the supplies you need and the results. I've never done this but if I lost enough tags, I know I'd shrink wrap them all. Google 'shrink wrap coach hangtags'. The videos are all basically the same process.

Reactions: Tilis and JVSXOXO
Just found a number of videos on YouTube showing exactly how to shrink wrap your hangtag, the supplies you need and the results. I've never done this but if I lost enough tags, I know I'd shrink wrap them all. Google 'shrink wrap coach hangtags'. The videos are all basically the same process.
It was fun to watch the tubing shrink. :biggrin: Seems simple enough! I just tried a gold hangtag on my Cassie instead of the matching chalk one and it felt too busy. Maybe I’ll try the original tag and see if my husband has any of that shrink tubing around. He always has random stuff like that.

Reactions: Roro
It wasn't me that shrink wrapped the ball chain closure, maybe it was @whateve?