Do you know the year of this limited edition Antigona?

Courtaf

Aug 3, 2020
Hey there!

Long time lurker, first time poster (and luxury handbag buyer). Scored this Antigona super cheap to start off my collection. The seller had it authenticated for me but I can’t find any pictures to see any comparable listings. Trying to find out what year it’s from.

pictures are bad quality but I will take better ones once it arrives.

06425DB5-E6DF-4544-9676-AE2301D4D502.png

FDD61764-05D5-4C63-AB11-530380936C97.png

RavelingRobin

Sep 12, 2020
Hey there!

Long time lurker, first time poster (and luxury handbag buyer). Scored this Antigona super cheap to start off my collection. The seller had it authenticated for me but I can’t find any pictures to see any comparable listings. Trying to find out what year it’s from.

pictures are bad quality but I will take better ones once it arrives.

View attachment 4826550

View attachment 4826551
I am NOT an expert on Givenchy bags, but I've been doing lots of reading up lately. This is a quote from lovethatbagetc.com, "
Serial numbers, also known as date codes, on the Givenchy Antigona follow a clean and consistent format, typical of LVMH bags, with a slight twist. The serial number will include 6 or 7 characters composed of numbers and letters (i.e. 3C1125 or MP B 0157). The first two or three characters refer to the location of the product's manufacturing, with the four ending numbers referring to the time of its manufacturing. Similar to Louis Vuitton bags, the 1st and 3rd numbers represent the week that the bag was made and the 2nd and 4th numbers represent the year it was made.

The Antigona was first introduced in AW 2011 so date codes should not predate this. "

I have found the serial numbers stamped into the reverse side of the leather hang tag on the inside of the bag (the one that says "GIVENCHY" and then "MADE IN ITALY". They can be difficult to see. Hope that helps!