Do you know the difference?

1. When writing something do you know the difference between to and too? Or then and than? I'm just wondering because I was helping a friend edit her paper and she was all "I think you're the only person who remembers this stuff." I wonder how many people do remember? I'm guessing a lot here. No dumb bunnies here. :flowers:

2. ^
    I have to say that, yes, I know the difference beweeen"to" and "too" and "then" and "than".

3. Yay - i know...i loved English language/literature at school:yes:

'I was going to the Mall then Marie came with me and wanted the Chloe bag too':angel:

4. :love: English and fashion! How lovely. :yahoo:

5. I don't know anyone who doesn't know the difference.

6. LOL - I just had to slip that Chloe bag in the example...:graucho:

7. me too. not to mention the difference between "you're" and "your", and "there", "their" and "they're."

8. ^
    I thought about adding that to my post too. I think some people get confused, especially between "you're" and "your".

An episode from Friends comes to mind. Ross and Rachel were arguing about a letter she had written to him. He pointed out to her that she had mistaken "your" for "you're".

9. I know the difference! When I tutor kids I see the same problem.

10. This is not a criticism: I'm just noticing the trend of spelling/grammar critique-themed threads have been very frequent as of late. I wonder why? Maybe because school is starting for some...?

11. Yea, I know the difference.

My biggest peeve is "your" and "you're"

12. the trick I always used as a kid and even now. Was if I could use the word also in the sentence, in place of 'to/too' if i was unsure, that told me that too was the word that I used. If it didn't fit it was to.

13. Yes I do know the difference. My theory is that grammar, spelling, and all that goes with it will continue to decline with so many people text-messaging, using all the abbreviations that are needed.

14. Yes. I'm a grammar and spelling nazi...I just can't let those little mistakes slide.

15. Mine too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice