Do you keep the Blue Protective Plastic on your Chanel bags and other products?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Do you keep the blue protective plastic on your Chanel?

1. Yes, I keep it

2. No, I remove it

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I searched the forum and I could not find any specific posts or threads that answered this question. So, I thought why not start a thread since everyone has there own reasoning as to whether or not they keep the blue protective plastic on their Chanel's hardware.

Some people believe it protects the hardware, while others think it may rust. But what do you think?

Post your thoughts and opinions below! :smile:

ligrl likes this.
  2. I take all the plastic off. Life is too short to worry about the hardware on a handbag. Just use it and have fun! I don't think a little piece of plastic protects the hardware that much anyways.

3. I pull it off and LOVE doing so! Somehow I don't feel like it's truly mine until I remove plastic protectors! I do the same thing with electronics and appliances etc! I look forward to it actually. Maybe I'm weird but I love removing the plastic and getting to the untouched new metal etc. Once I remove the plastic it seems like it's officially mine!

4. I tend to keep it on until it drops off by itself. Love to keep the hardware scratch free for as long as possible :P

MahoganyQT likes this.
  5. I take it off, I don't like carrying blue hardware [emoji16]

6. If there's a way I can maintain the stickers inside without anyone seeing them inside, I leave them on and take off the ones on the outside.

For example, on the GST, I've left the stickers on the grommets on the inside of the back but took of the 4 on the outter parts of the bag.

revitalise likes this.
  7. Actually I don't recall seeing the blue protective plastic on my bags even though they were supposed to be new pieces from the backroom, but in any case I would have taken them off :smile:

8. Remove
    It's ugly to using it

Sparkletastic likes this.
  9. I tend to remove it. On my H bags however I tend to forget about it until it drops by itself, lol.

10. Its extremely hard for me to remove the blue film!!!

11. I take it off for sure... That's like leaving tags on your jacket to me lol. It's not officially mine and usable until its all off!

DeniApril likes this.
  12. I take the outer ones off but I leave the ones inside until it falls off.

revitalise likes this.
  13. Leaving the blue stickers on is like leaving the plastic wrap on for the sofa. To each his/her own. Do whatever you feel most comfy with.

14. I take mine off if not it looks weird to me.

15. I take it off but l do keep it with all the packaging that the bag came with. I think if you decide to sell the bag later it's nice to include it for the new buyer to have.

nddj and revitalise like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice