Do you keep tags and auth cards in zipper?

I keep all my cards, receipts, tags etc. in a box at home - not in the bag itself. It would just kill me if my bag ever got stolen that I would have provided the thief with all the documentation to sell the bag afterwards ... Call me paranoid :P

I throw mine in a drawer for the same reason. If someone steals my bag, in order to get anywhere near what it's worth, they'll have to do all of the authenticating themselves.

I keep the receipt, price tag and authenticity card in the bottom of the dustbag. This actually came in handy recently when I had to bring a Dior purse to NM for handle repair. The SA said that without the receipt AND the price tag (!), they would have charged me for the repair, which would have been about $400.

I keep the receipt, price tag and authenticity card in the bottom of the dustbag. This actually came in handy recently when I had to bring a Dior purse to NM for handle repair. The SA said that without the receipt AND the price tag (!), they would have charged me for the repair, which would have been about $400.

Good point. I did have to pay for a repair to a Judith Leiber recently because I didn't have the docs.

I keep all the receipts, tags, care cards etc in a Hermes box that I'm not using. The bags are always kept in the dustbags and if they came in boxes, some of them (depending on the bag) are in the box as well, the other boxes are packed up nicely in the loft.

^^ that is a great idea! I typically keep them all in one folder... I once had my dog eat an authenticity card for a YSL bag (yes-- the dog ate my authenticity card) and ever since then, I protect them, just in case! ;)

^^ that is a great idea! I typically keep them all in one folder... I once had my dog eat an authenticity card for a YSL bag (yes-- the dog ate my authenticity card) and ever since then, I protect them, just in case! ;)

haha aren't dogs great (I love dogs!)? I fear for the day I forget to put a bag out of reach and it gets chewed up. They love leather!

I know this is an old thread....

I keep all of mine in an envelope in the dustbag. I realized that I have a Marc Jacobs bag, but i did not receive cards with it. I bought it from bloomingdales and I guess I just didn't notice at the time. I still have the dust bag, tags and receipt. Do you think this will be a problem when/if I sell it?