Do you keep/show receipts?

lvuittonaddict

$ Doesn't Buy Class
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
to me, this is just about the TACKIEST thing a person can do. ive watched a quite a few YT videos about their LV/other designer bag/shoes/accessories reveals and the person shows the receipt. i just dont understand the purpose, maybe to show authenticity(which, we all know that receipts are faked right along with the bags) maybe to show the price(super tacky)....idk....its quite gross actually(to show receipts/tell prices). im not thinking, "oh, its real"....im thinking "why the heck do they need to save the receipts?" are you going to return your purchases?

i dont do this, but i know some people like to insure their things, which is totally fine. but there's really no need to show receipts.....that= tacky and classless

I might occasionally keep tags, if they're really nice (but that's the designer in me, not omg look at how much it cost!!!) and I always keep the box/packaging.

I can only imagine keeping receipts for budgeting/finance issues.

I might occasionally keep tags, if they're really nice (but that's the designer in me, not omg look at how much it cost!!!) and I always keep the box/packaging.

I can only imagine keeping receipts for budgeting/finance issues.

oh yeah, for sure..... i love keeping tags...some brands have REALLY cute ones. and i def keep my boxes now for storage. i regret getting rid of my older ones(now some of my shoes and bags dont have homes. lol)

I usually keep the receipts on my purchases until I take the tags off and use them. There have been more than one occasions when I purchased something and stuffed it in the back of the closet and never used it for months. I was able to bring it back to the store and return it because I had saved the receipt.

I purchased a Coach bag a year or so ago and the stitching started to come out. I took the bag along with the receipt back to the store and they gave me a replacement. From my understanding, I don't need the receipt but it I think it is always better if you do have one.

There are alot of people out there who may not know that receipts can be faked. Maybe to those people on YT, showing the price of their purchase is important to them because they have saved for a long time for it and are proud of it. Either way, I don't really have anything against them for it.

I keep the tags & receipts and leave it in the bags box. I dont keep it to showoff or to prove authenticity. I keep it in case something happens to my bag in the future and might need to take it to the store and they might ask for proof of purchase. The only reason I do this is because my friend broke one of her Burberry bags and she had bought it from Bloomingdales and they were rude people and wouldnt fix it for her! But other than that no use for them! :smile: Yea I totally agree showing receipts are classless! :biggrin:

I keep the tags & receipts and leave it in the bags box. I dont keep it to showoff or to prove authenticity. I keep it in case something happens to my bag in the future and might need to take it to the store and they might ask for proof of purchase. The only reason I do this is because my friend broke one of her Burberry bags and she had bought it from Bloomingdales and they were rude people and wouldnt fix it for her! But other than that no use for them! :smile: Yea I totally agree showing receipts are classless! :biggrin:

ITA! Also if there is a receipt in my bag it's most likely because I forgot to take it out or haven't found time to clean out my purse.

But I don't get receipts to show off my purchase. Seems lame.

I kept the tags, receipt and every other paperwork I got with the bag for scrapbooking...I would have pic of the bag, receipt, and tag for memories reason in big phot album.. Also for financing/book keeping reason just to keep me in check so I wont go out and buy another bag when I really dont need one..

I keep the receipts because I have spent more on bags in the last 3 years than the cost of my car (brand new). In the event of a robbery/fire/tornado, I don't think my insurance agent would believe I have that much in handbags without proof.

I also keep them in case I need repairs and need to bring the item back to the boutique w/ receipt. I'm not sure how that process works. But better on the safe side.

I actually keep all my receipts for everything for a couple years before eventually shredding. But I don't plan to shred my bag receipts.

And I think people do keep them as proof of authenticity in the event that they plan to sell. (Eventhough those can be faked too.) But it certainly doesn't hurt to have them.

I keep receipts for repair or home owner's insurance reasons. I,too,noticed the receipt showing on YT. I believe it is because many get blasted,called out about their stuff being fake. Which if you know your bag, accessory, etc is real why bother entertaining the non believers.

I do the same. I always keep them if I have them. In case I want to repair or something. I never sell mine or exchange them. I usually think about that before buying them. Kind of o/t but I used to keep my LV tags in the bag because it was in the pocket of my speedy when I got it as a gift. You know the two tags that say LV and the style name. I was sitting in class with the bag open. I went to the bathroom and forgot to shut my purse. It was class. I though the teacher would be watching to see if other people were doing weird crap. While I was out and this girl I didn't like had gone over to my bag. When I came back she still there and I told her don't touch my stuff and she went oiver to the garbage can. I was WTF? but I had no idea what she did. When class was over, the only way to leave was to pass by the garbage. So, as I did, I happened to look down. She had ripped my tags in half and thrown them in the garbage. :sad: I want to punch her in the face, but she was such a sneak I knew if I told her she would have lied. Since then, I keep my tags either in the box or in the dustbag.