Do you keep greeting cards?

~bastet

O.G.
Jun 12, 2007
For the past several years, I've kept all the greeting cards I've gotten in a nice box that I got for my wedding. It's getting full, and I started thinking that the only reason I do it is because I thought that's what you're "supposed" to do because my mom always kept them. I never open the box and look at them.

Do you guys keep greeting cards, or throw them out/recycle them?

I only keep those that are from either someone very important, or those that have letters written in them that I want to keep/remember. And I always date and keep any photos sent. But cards that are just signed? Nope. I keep them for a short time and then toss them.

I used to keep them because, like you, I felt that I should. but now I throw them away. I'm a pack rat, & I don't need to add to the clutter. I only keep the cards that contain very special messages written by the person who gave it to me. I think I have less than 10 cards that I'm keeping now.

I used to keep them - I still have 2 full shoe boxes, LOL - but now I only keep the special ones. Which isn't that hard to do these days because most people will send an e-card instead of a greeting card through snail mail.

I keep some, but have started recycling some too. I am trying hard to break my pack rat tendencies!! My plan is to only keep ones that are special.

We get a lot of corporate cards these are going to the recycle as soon as the decorations are down, no sentimental value, only decorative. I only keep cards that come with a photograph of someone I really care about, or they are very important for me, or have info that I want to keep. I don't keep them all, no way!

I used to keep they all; letters, greeting cards, movie stubs, etc etc, but it became ridiculously too much over the years and I don't even go back to read them. One day I decided to throw it all out and only keep the ones with current BF and family. Those were/ are from friends just because trash. Not that I don't appreciate it but after years, and years it accumulate so much and takes up too much of my storage/ closet space so trash it went.