Do you keep clothes that you haven't worn for a year?

I go through my closet every season and obsessively weed-if I don't love it or automatically reach for it,it has to go. I have regretted the tossing very little,and appreciate the extra space a lot. I do the same thing with shoes and handbags,too.

The only things I really keep are jeans and suits. The rest, I rotate out and give lots to goodwill.

As far as tags go, I don't tear off the tag until I'm ready to wear. I still have a few pieces with the tags on, but I know I will get around to wearing them as they are classics.

Funny, but I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago, and got rid of all of my larger sized clothing. Then after having a baby, I wished I still had all of those. Oh well..no use crying over spilled milk!

LVmom said:
I go through my closet every season and obsessively weed-if I don't love it or automatically reach for it,it has to go. I have regretted the tossing very little,and appreciate the extra space a lot. I do the same thing with shoes and handbags,too.
LVmom - your avatar is SOOO cute!:biggrin: How did you make that? Did you use a program?

I used to keep everything - but ended up with a depressing amount of old clothes and absolutely no room for new. So I decided to get rid of everything a didnt love. After that big cleanout, I'm getting better at rotating, I sell designer stuff at a consignmentstore and give the rest I dont use to friends or charity. I only keep special pieces for my daughter - I got some really cool 60:s dresses from my mum once, so I guess my little girl might want some of my things when she grows older.

I'm really bad about giving clothes away/getting rid of old clothes, especially if it's something someone else bought me. I always think, "Someone's hard earned money bought me this, I should keep it."

I donated three huge bags of clothes to the Salvation Army last year, but it took me forever to do it. I'm trying to get better at it.

Designer name clothes are sold at a consignment store - I can make some money back at least. Other items are donated or given away.
Once I pulled a bunch of practically new, hardly worn items from my closet (I think about 8-10 pieces - mostly bought from NM) and made about $900 back!;) That was a new bag for me!

I used to keep everything! Partly because I wanted to and partly because my mom said if I ever wanted to get rid of something she'd send it to our family in the Philippines. However, she never got around to sending anything and before I went off to college I gave everything to Goodwill (& some stuff to my brothers. . .still a tomboy here lol).