Do you keep certain bags for sentimental reasons?

1. I ask this because I'm cleaning out my closets -- get rid of the old, upgrade a few things, and help my unused handbags find new homes. The list of things to be sold off is growing, but I can't seem to let go of this old Coach hobo from 4 years ago. It was the first real purse I bought for myself at the start of a fun job in my current industry. I haven't used it in in probably 3 years, and I've since acquired some amazing designer bags. But I'm having a hard time putting the listing together for it.

Do you do this? If so, with what bag and why?

2. When I feel the need to hang on to something I'm really never going to use again I take a photo and scrapbook it -maybe even a picture of me wearing or something like that. I did that with my kids ratty old baby quilts that my family hand tied (although I did cut off a tiny piece of each one to put on their page:rolleyes: ) It really does satisfy my need to keep the memory -yet make room for new additions. This has really helped me be less of a pack rat. Good luck:idea:

3. I do. I have a khaki signature Coach demi bag that my father bought me for Christmas when I was 16. It was my first "real" bag. Even if I never use it again, I'll never be able to part with it.

4. I'll always keep my mother's purses, but I can't seem to get rid of my old Speedy. It got stained somehow, and I haven't carried it in over 10 years, but it was the first bag I got when I worked in a high-end handbag department. Eventually I'll let it go, but I can't manage to quite yet.

5. I do the same thing. I still have my first purse, which is small, stained, and even has a hole in it. But I can never work up the courage to throw it away; it's almost as if I'd be hurting my grandparents' feelings (they gave me the purse) by getting rid of it.

6. I still can't get rid of the purse that I used on the day of my college graduation... I don't carry it anymore, but I had a memorable occasion with it and will never give it away.

7. I have this Dolce and Gabbana clutch that I can't seem to let go. It just reminds me of the good times my girlfriends and I had when partying.

8. I actually let go of a bag that had sentimental value...it was my gold Hogan Scout, and it was very hard to part with! My son made it worse by reminding me that I carried that bag to several special occasions. Once I finally made it out of FedEx, I almost ran back in and asked for it back! But it has a lovely new home and if the new owner decides she no longer wants to use it, I get first choice to get it back! I only let it go because I have the same bag in yellow and the H-flap style in distressed brown, so I didn't think I would carry it much. But it was HARD! I still can't let my Hamptons Houndstooth Coach satchel go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice