Do you keep a fashion notebook?

1. I do! I'm nowhere near an organized person, but when it comes to things I want (shoes, clothes, bags, makeup, even socks!) I have to write it down. I have a notebook specifically for items I want to buy. I carry it with me everywhere. When I see something in a magazine or instore I want to keep my eye on or buy later, I write it down. When I purchase it I cross it off the list.

Since starting my notebook I've found myself finally buying entire outfits and not forgetting that I need pants to go with my top or clothes to wear with blue shoes. Tomorrow is Nordies fall wardrobing seminar and I will be there with my notebook. I'm probably going to be the only person with a notebook.

So any other crazy people out there keep a running tab of wants?

2. I don't have a notebook, however I have at least five pink post-its in my purse at the moment with a bunch of "wants" written on each of them.

3. That's cool :nuts: That sounds so organized... way too organized for me :P

4. I go through phases of keeping a "want" list....and need to do that as it's a good thing! Normally I see something I like and HAVE to have it NOW.....trying to break that habit lol! The other thing I do though, is have a fashion notebook with pictures of outfits, styles I like and I look at and think about how I can work that into what I have, or buy, etc. Sometimes the lust goes away and other times I buy either the same item or something similar...

5. I love style.com. Right now is beginning of S/S 07 fashion shows, and I follow all shows. When I see something I may want, I print and make sure to call SA's, stores (in case of lists), etc. or check web sites periodically for pre sales. I found my Gucci croc bag this way. Saw it the day after it posted on style.com and right away called my SA to make sure I would be able to get one. So instead of printing and printing more desireable items, I can probably save paper if I made a list. :yes:

6. I save pictures of everything I want onto my laptop. If I wrote everything I wanted down, I'd forget what they all look like since there's so many lol

7. I have a fashion list but it's not of things I want. It's of things I've bought including dates and prices. It helps me to budget...kind of...well, I try! If I really want something, there's no way I'll forget it. It sticks in my head until I get it in my hands.

8. I make lists of things I need to complete unfinished outfits in my wardrobe.
    Since I am so broke as well, it helps me prioritise what to layby first etc.

9. I have a fashion scrapbook. I cut out pictures of pieces I want to buy from magazines and paste them in the book.

10. Sort of. I'm not all that organized with this, but I save photographs on my computer -- then I try to print them out (the more important ones, only) and keep them in a semi-organized pile. I also write things down, but not in any one place or in any uniform way.

11. i usually have a few post-its stuck in my agenda with all my latest "wants". so fun to remove the post-it once i've found what i'm looking for!

12. Wow elong your so organized! I think thats a great idea ! Good for you now you won't end up forgetting anything :smile:

13. Trust me, I'm not that organized. You should see my junk car. My BF is ashamed. :shame:

14. elongreach thats a great idea! The only notes I keep are mental.. I do though have an accordian envelope thing that is the perfect size for my reciepts and tags, but thats as organized as I get.

15. elongreach, what a fab idea! I have a fashion notebook too, but I don't use it the same way you do...I plan my outfits out and keep inventory of my clothes and shoes in my notebook.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice