Do you insure your LV bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not alone! I was thinking the same thing!
*knock on wood* if something ever happened to my house I would get all my kids out and I would run back in myself for my LV. Don't try to stop me! :roflmfao: Half kidding!
:lolots::lolots::lolots:I actually LOL'ed during a meeting I'm in right now! You are too much! but it is SO true. I'd def take the almas first..and my speedy b/c she is near and dear to my heart.

You can now ask LV to email you a digital receipt as well. I've been doing that since they've offered the service just in case. Now I worry, maybe I should get a fire proof safe? :thinking:

You can now ask LV to email you a digital receipt as well. I've been doing that since they've offered the service just in case. Now I worry, maybe I should get a fire proof safe? :thinking:

I get the receipts too!

I will say, my safe is for my harddrives and camera equipment since I am a photographer. But I still love it! $2,500 is nothing when storing something worth more like wedding photos or family heirlooms.

We have like a $20k limit on our renter's insurance which covers "full value replacement costs" of all personal property. Jewelry had to be done separately because alone it's about $15k.

Glad this thread made me look into my policy! Whew.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aars24
We have like a $20k limit on our renter's insurance. Jewelry had to be done separately because alone it's about $15k. Pretty sure all clothing and purses fall under the $20k, and a separate policy doesn't need to be taken out, but maybe I should email my agent to find out.

This is correct. I work at my insurance agency.

I would do separate rider for things/bags over $2000. Also, you want you bags to based on replacement cost - so when bags increase, if you only have receipts, that is all you get - big difference when you are talking the Chanel increases. Your premium will go up but it's worth it.

LOL, I agree! I will do everything in my power to go back and grab them all!

I agree too. And since I don't have kids they would be one of the first things I grab. That's a really good idea on the insurance though. When you have a few bags they definitely add up. I know we have a certain amount personal property coverage. Might have to increase that. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I have some personal experience with this when my house was broken into. Handbags were covered under personal property in my home owners insurance, thank goodness. So I was able to recover all the LV & handbag loss. It is not considered jewelery, coins, electronics or other specific category that has a fairly low standard limit. Just make sure to keep a copy of the receipt (I scan my receipts immediately to always have a copy in cause I lose the hard copy).

I've been thinking about insuring my bags since my collection is growing. I rent though so I'm wondering if anyone added them to renters insurance. I know if anything happens, you get a flat fee for a couch, bed, table etc. how does it work w bags? I also play the flute and have a few instruments I'd insure too. Just wondering if its worth it if you only get a flat few if something happens, not nearly what you paid for the items. Anyone have any experience with that?

Also if I keep buying more bags, if the job situation goes well, I might keep my bags at a different location. If anyone broke in and stoke them I'd be pissed. More than pissed! Lol is probably need a Rx for Xanax lol.

I just have a basic homeowners insurance policy, but reading some of your posts and doing some math makes me realize that I should probably spend some extra $$ and have my collection insured separately.

I would appreciate some advice from the ones who have obtained it and the experiences of those who unfortunately had to use it...

I have it under the umbrella of my home insurance policy under personal contents, loss of use, identity theft & a separate rider for electronics. i adjust that amount on an annual basis when my policy is up renewal.

I've only had to make a claim once earlier this year when my house was struck by lightning. That stupid lightning went through a weird path thru the house & fried up a lot of my electronics. All 5 tvs were fried, comps, laptops, tablets, phones, DVR's modem, ac controller board, sprinkler system, landscape lightning, doorbell. All in all 16k loss. Insurance paid for most of it. I think my deductible was $2500.

Though I only filed 1 claim, they paid me in 12 different direct deposits & broke it down to a bunch of different categories that confused the heck out of me. I think they do that on purpose. I know I'm insured well & they didn't give me too hard a time when it was time for a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.