Do you insure your LV bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and hope all is well...

Question for you all, do you insure your LV purses/accessories? Do you include it in your home owners insurance? I know we have jewelry coverage included in our home insurance but not sure if purses/accessories are insurable. I would hate to call my agent and sound shallow :sad:

Thanks!
You are not alone! I was thinking the same thing!
*knock on wood* if something ever happened to my house I would get all my kids out and I would run back in myself for my LV. Don't try to stop me! :roflmfao: Half kidding!

You can also buy a BIG fire proof safe...
Last year when we were at the County Fair my Husband was talking to the safe guy to see if he could custom make one with shelves for my bags... I was so embarrassed..
Just so you know they can ;)

I insured my 4 LV bags just recently, it was only around $30-40/yr. My husband sent a quick email over to our insurance company with all my receipts that I had scanned and he added them to our insurance right then. It was a very quick and easy process!

It's not shallow. I work in the workers comp division of an insurance company. I spoke with one of the reps for my personal insurance. It does all depend on the company on how the bags are cover. A lot of carriers don't see a handbag collection the same as jewelry, coins, stamps and collectible items like that like that. But you can file the receipts so if God forbid something happens it'll be covered. It's actually important to keep a safe box or some place you can put receipts for things like electronics, bags or anything else you find valuable. I had a claim once a few years back (a break-in) and that's one of the things they ask for is receipts for proof of purchase of everything prior to agreeing to reimburse. And I had to list everything from every movie & CD by name. So now I just throw them all in a lock box and leave it at that.

So... I actually have a huge fireproof safe. When we have a bigger house I want a second bigger one. I bought it for my camera equipment and we have a few guns in there. I also keep important jewelry, and personal documents in it. If you buy one get the longest fire rating you can afford. I have a 90 min http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-lincoln-safes-ps-5.html but I would like the 2.5 hour one for hard drives and such. I really love ours! We basically bought the cadillac...errr...LV brand of safes... :giggles:

I've never thought about insuring my LVs. Wouldn't they be covered under standard home insurance? Provided you can show proof of purchase, of course.

I'd would call. Because it might not be. Like I have to have a separate jewelry policy because its not covered. Also, if your proof of purchase burns up too, then what?

I'd would call. Because it might not be. Like I have to have a separate jewelry policy because its not covered. Also, if your proof of purchase burns up too, then what?

Well, it would burn up. If I didn't have time to rescue my LVs I certainly wouldn't have had time to rescue the paperwork! You can always get duplicate receipts from LV, though.

I've never thought about insuring my LVs. Wouldn't they be covered under standard home insurance? Provided you can show proof of purchase, of course.

I can answer this from the UK! Yes, they would be covered under standard contents insurance but most contents insurance has a specific limit for complete destruction of everything in the house. When we actually sat down and added up everything we could think of in the house room by room then we had to quadruple ours (yes, we have too much stuff but it's amazing how quickly it all adds up - :biggrin:)

Our particular policy also asks for itemisation of anything valued over £2500 so if you have any LE bags, then you may have to itemise those.

Status
Not open for further replies.