Do you insure your LV bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, know thanks for this thread Lola, cause as my collection has been growing, I've been thinking the same thing, house insurance, loss, ... god forbid, fire.... but, I think I'm going to contact insurance company... have lots of jewelry too, and definately need a rider... good idea to keep all the LV receipts in a safety deposit box, thankfully, I have all my LV receipts, since I've been making up for lost time....

Wow. Lola, you are so darn organized... I need to do computer spreadsheets on this, including all credit card information.... but, after being on computers all day, find the time difficult...thanks for the inspiration.... a must do...

Lola24 said:
OK, I made a spread sheet today with items, date codes, and cost to replace the items...I've found close to all my receipts and/or credit card statements with the purchase on it which I figured would be better than nothing and I'll probably find more.... I have pretty good pictures of everything which I will eventually put on some cd's and make copies...I think I should be set, I at least feel a little better.....Some of my receipts are so old that if I went only off receipts it wouldn't cover the cost to replace the item anyway.....still need to talk to my friend/insurance agent, he was out today....thanks for the input!

Sounds like you are organized and ready to go... :yahoo:

Veronika said:
Wow. Lola, you are so darn organized... I need to do computer spreadsheets on this, including all credit card information.... but, after being on computers all day, find the time difficult...thanks for the inspiration.... a must do...
Well, I worked from home today so I worked on my spreadsheet in between real work......It's really not that great but at the very least it's a good list of my personal property incase anything did happen.....I don't have all the c.card statements and can't find every single receipt and tag for everything (have to ask my husband what he's done with the receipts for the gifts he's given me). Had I grown my collection just over the past couple years I would have everything, but when I first bought LV I didn't think a purse or two would be reason for keeping things for insurance reasons, oh well......at least pictures and codes would be a help I guess and I could always get price confirmation through LV if anything bad were to happen......I worry too much....:shrugs:

elongreach said:
Well at least it's done. Stop worrying about it. Put it in a fire safe and leave it alone.
That's what I did!:flowers: But I'm still on a hunt in my house for the rest of the missing stuff.....I actually can't believe how much I found:nuts:

lola (and everyone else), just an idea, maybe you can scan all the receipts you have and the photos of all valuable items that you have, and save them on an online memory database, or even just email them to yourself.. that way you have them accessible at any time anywhere (providing you have access to the internet) in your inbox.. thats what i'll do when i've build up my collections :wlae:

fashionpop said:
lola (and everyone else), just an idea, maybe you can scan all the receipts you have and the photos of all valuable items that you have, and save them on an online memory database, or even just email them to yourself.. that way you have them accessible at any time anywhere (providing you have access to the internet) in your inbox.. thats what i'll do when i've build up my collections :wlae:
That sounds like a lovely idea, but it's not gonna happen for me, I barely made it through what I did today.....AND I don't have receipts for everything, and some of the receipts are not legible. Then some of my bags are kinda old, some were gifts, etc.....I am going to see if I should leave a disc. of the pictures with my agent for his files. I have a feeling though, as long as you have proof of having a larger than usual collection, and it's within the amount you are covered for in terms of personal property, this will probably be sufficient....LV could always provide replacement prices, it's just a matter of proving you have 30 bags rather than a usual 5 or so.....

Lola24 said:
OK, I made a spread sheet today with items, date codes, and cost to replace the items...I've found close to all my receipts and/or credit card statements with the purchase on it which I figured would be better than nothing and I'll probably find more.... I have pretty good pictures of everything which I will eventually put on some cd's and make copies...I think I should be set, I at least feel a little better.....Some of my receipts are so old that if I went only off receipts it wouldn't cover the cost to replace the item anyway.....still need to talk to my friend/insurance agent, he was out today....thanks for the input!

You're welcome! It does take awhile to do, but it's definitely worth the peace of mind.
And I had that problem also; some of my items were from awhile ago and they've had several price hikes since I've gotten them!

I take pics of all the identifing marks and date codes/tags/stamps/of my bags and accessories because I have everything insured with my insurance company on a rider. This way if anything ever happens I can prove that my bags WERE my bags and prove that I bought them even if the receipts were to get destroyed. I have all of this online with my insurance company!

tr444 said:
I take pics of all the identifing marks and date codes/tags/stamps/of my bags and accessories because I have everything insured with my insurance company on a rider. This way if anything ever happens I can prove that my bags WERE my bags and prove that I bought them even if the receipts were to get destroyed. I have all of this online with my insurance company!
I think that's the way to go, I'm gonna make sure my agent has all this info., I know I have the $$$ coverage under my "personal property" portion of my policy. But it's proving that you had the items you claim that I'm concerned about......my agent knows me and never said a rider would be necessary but I was still concerned about the "proof" issue....I'm still gonna talk to him again about this though...

Although I have been lucky and none of my bags have been stolen....I wonder if my bags are covered under my home insurance plan. I'm so bad at keeping receipts, I was thinking of taking pictures of all my bags "just in case". But that might take weeks! ;)

Does anyone have any perspective on this? Or has anyone had any of their bags stolen and had to deal with insurance?

Specifically your LV will not be covered under your insurance. You should have "content" coverage which may be enough to cover your LV plus all of your other items. You should really check into this.

You can purchase supplemental policies for this ( I recommend this!). I have supplemental policies for my jewelry etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.