Do you insure your LV bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have printouts of each purse that documents the style and price etc, on the bk I have a photo with the date code handwritten along with my sales ticket, I store this info in my safety deposit box... I'm anal!!!

I searched the forum and couldn't find a topic on this. I plan to talk to my State Farm agent today about taking out a policy on my collection.

I have the Manhattan PM, Batignolles H, Neverfull MM, Palermo PM, and the Toillety Pouch 26. I think it is worth taking out a policy.

Any thoughts?

After adding a Chanel to my collection this year I'm now looking at insuring my collection, it's nice to have that in case the worst happens. I think it's worth it if you couldn't easily replace the items in your collection, financially speaking.

Interesting thought. Someone suggested me to add a rider to my home fire insurance policy as I have the entire bag collection sitting in a few closets. Never thought of that before but now it kinda makes sense...

Not worth it for those 4 bags, no... just double-check that you're covered if they are in the house, for fire/theft/damage on your homeowners insurance - which they should be without a special rider. Jewelry is covered (up to 8k or something like that) when stolen from the home without a special rider. Lots of insurance companies won't even cover collections, or purses when NOT taken or damaged from inside the home. Too easy to leave them behind, etc... when you're out and about. So you'll have to check what your options are. And keep records/receipts of all the possessions in your home for any future claims.

Not worth it for those 4 bags, no... just double-check that you're covered if they are in the house, for fire/theft/damage on your homeowners insurance - which they should be without a special rider. Jewelry is covered (up to 8k or something like that) when stolen from the home without a special rider. Lots of insurance companies won't even cover collections, or purses when NOT taken or damaged from inside the home. Too easy to leave them behind, etc... when you're out and about. So you'll have to check what your options are. And keep records/receipts of all the possessions in your home for any future claims.

:tup:

I'm not sure about homeowner's insurance, but I can talk about renter's insurance. When I first took out my policy I didn't think about my bags. So I then called my insurance company and asked what would be covered and she said the bags would definetly be covered but not jewelry. For jewelry to be covered, a separate policy would have to be taken out and an appraisal would have to be done for each piece under the insurance. Needless to say, when she said bags would be included, I had to increase the amount of insurance significantly. But now I have piece of mind that all my "babies" are covered.

I had one when my collection was upwards of 10k. It was separate than homeowners and listed as a "collection." many companies will steer you from it but you have to be firm and specific when you have a lot. The reg. home policy will cover to an extent but not necessarily replacement value for all items, it can be tricky

Mine are insured as part of my general insurance policy which includes accidental damage.

I'm thinking of specifying mine as a collection so they'll also be covered while I'm overseas. It definitely adds peace of mine when wearing them so I recommend it :smile:

I send an email to my State Farm agent and he said that handbags are insured under my homeowner insurance. There isn't anything "extra" I can take out on it. However, I can take out extra insurance for my jewlery. Eventhough, I told him that I have over 20K (and I under estimated it) worth of designer handbags. I have over 25 LV bags and not counting over 20 SLGs and other designer bags such as Gucci, Burberry, and now Bal Bags...

Agree! Mine is covered under my insurance without any special riders, as long as no individual bag is worth over $2k, I'm set. If any one piece goes over, they say I have get a special rider.

Hello and hope all is well...

Question for you all, do you insure your LV purses/accessories? Do you include it in your home owners insurance? I know we have jewelry coverage included in our home insurance but not sure if purses/accessories are insurable. I would hate to call my agent and sound shallow :sad:

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.