Do you insure your collection....

Hey, I work at State Farm Insurance.

It will cover them up to a certain limit usually. Your homeowner's insurance has a "personal property" clause, which you could include the price of your purses. But in case you get robbed or your house burns totally down to the ground, you'll want to claim your "other" possessions first (probably...). Things such as your furniture, appliances, art/antiques, etc. should be first priority in case anything happens to your house. *Knock on wood.

You also have to take into consideration how many purses you have and how much they cost. If its a great deal, let's say 10,000 or more, you could get a Personal Articles coverage, which is an extra type of insurance. People usually insure jewelry and/or art. But in order to do that, you need an appraisal. There aren't any appraisals (besides receipts) of BBags...

I have a lot of purses, not just Balenciaga, but Vuittons too. I was also considering insuring them, as crazy as it sounds. I haven't heard of anyone insuring them... so I think its possible but I'm not quite sure.

I was also considering a vault of some sort. =P

I hope this helps... if you want more info, I can dig some up at work for you. Lemme know.

Hi REREsaurus, thanks for the advice. I will check with our insurers first, but thanks for the offer. :flowers:

It looks like its something that a lot of tpf haven't considered. :sad:

Regards F&G :wlae:

This a great thread. I would have never thought about this, I only have one bbag right now but if I get more I will definitly get my stuff insured.

Mine are insured under my homeowner's policy. Each January I look at my inventory and make adjustments in case I either got rid of something expensive I previously considered in my insurance calculation or bought something new that I would want to replace in event of disaster.

So if I'm about town and someone mugs me and takes my bag (and I haven't been shot dead trying to grab it back!) I can file an insurance claim and receive payment for the replacement cost of the bag minus my $500 deductible.