Valuable Articles Insurance

I work in an insurance company. If I get my H bag, I don't know if I want to insure it with them. I don't want my boss to know that I paid such a hefty amount for a bag. LOL

My store has always assured me that they have a record of all my purchases if I ever need it, but I do make copies and keep one set at my office, just in case. And I do take photos as well.

You would need to speak to whichever company you choose to insure with as they all have different cover. Mine is covered for theft, loss and accidental damage.

Again you would need to ascertain what your insurer requires as proof of purchase, thing is they need to know the bag is legitimate I would imagine because they wouldn't want to inusre a fake bag and then someone claims a few months later. With the Rolexes they don't need the receipt because you have the serial number with the papers that come in the box so if you claimed you would just give them the serial number. They would then give this to Rolex so that if the watch was ever returned for service at a later date and was registered as having been lost or stolen it will be retained.

I have the same and it's inexpensive...:yes:

I was having a chat the other day with one of the SAs at my store. He asked me about insurance, etc and I told them since we are just renting right now and don't own we have renters insurance, etc.

he said regardless....rent or own...he recommends that I take a picture of each bag and make a copy of the receipt or just use the receipt...and attach the pics to the receipt...and put them in a safe place at a safety deposit or something like that.

I thought it was a good idea so I am doing it!

just wanted to pass this along. I told him I always thought that if something happened Hermes could pull up a receipt and have it. he said its not that easy and to def be prepared.

so FYI. I thought I would pass this along.

Thanks for this - I know it is not a recent thread, but particularly with gift giving holidays having just passed, timely having found this now.

I too would have thought that some of the larger ticket items would be stored in their systems - I certainly would thought that to be the case - so - good to know.

Also, when I was checking out an H bag recently for daylight, a security guard from the department store where the H concession was came with us and was glad he did. The unveiling of a birkin very quickly attracted a sizeable crowd and it wasn't easy to look at it with any clarity with beady eyes everywhere - and would have felt uneasy having completed my purchase having to make my way through them all, by myself - so, for me, stand alone stores offer a more personal and secure feeling experience. To that end, also I will always use a credit card (not a debit card) which would give immediate coverage for the journey home!

That's a huge do. I make pictures, copies pf recipts, for all my designer bags over $1,000 as well as all my jewel's. Best to keep 2 copies, I keep one at home, in our safe, and one in a safety deposit box at the bank...

that way eveything is documented.
It helps to though, my father in law is the one that sold us our policy. If possible do it through someone you know, or has been recommended, usually makes things easier if something happens.
.at