Do you hide things from your husband

naturale

Mar 6, 2006
My husband understand my needs, but he doesn't understand my wants. That's why I have to buy what I want and hide it from him. He thinks that LV is just a name. He doesn't understand the thrill of going out with a designer bag or designer anything.

Is anybody's husband the same.

No, I don't. I feel guilty if I do. I would be too excited to tell my hubby about my new purchases so I'll probably end up telling him anyway. He's nice enough to listen to me gush for 2 minutes. :biggrin:

Yes! I hide everything for a few weeks and gradually bring it out. My husband is an Accountant/Financial Analyst so he is very conservative about $$$ especially since I am home with the kids.

pursegalsf said:
No, I don't. I feel guilty if I do. I would be too excited to tell my hubby about my new purchases so I'll probably end up telling him anyway. He's nice enough to listen to me gush for 2 minutes. :biggrin:

You're lucky, I can never gush to my husband about what I buy--he'll get mad. He thinks I don't need anything.

I totally lie about how much I spend on a bag-He just laughs because he does the bills and knows all..........
Sadly,My daughter has gotten into the habit of "hiding" my purchases with me,it a sad thing!!!!!!!!!!I admit I love him dearly but he will never GET the handbag and shoe thing........!!

I'm also not married, but I doubt I'd hide it from him. Who is HE to make me feel guilty about my purchases. Take pride in your bags , ladies. :smile:

I am not married, but I have been with my boyfriend for almost nine years. I can't really hide the cost of anything, because he buys the stuff for me. I feel sort of lucky, because he likes luxury items too. His mom was a Gucci lady, so he doesn't see anything odd about spending $500+ on a bag. :love:

I don't hide the item but I do not reveal what I have spent:amuse: Hubby would be appalled at my handbag needs:lol: . He's very conservative with money. Fortunately he doesn't see my cc bill and while we have a joint account I have my own as well.

I don't hide anything because we have one bank account together so it would come out anyway but I'm so lucky because he treats me like a Jewish princess and I get everything I want. He likes to fullfill my wishes even when I stayed at home with my son I never had a problem with him on spending $$$ on things I liked.

I don't hide my bags but I don't run to him and tell him what brand and how much I spent everytime I bought a bag. He notices my new bags sometimes, and sometimes he doesn't. Even when he notices he rarely asks how much (coz he is clueless). But I do feel guilty spending our money on my bags when he doesn't buy expensive stuff. So what do I do? I buy expensive stuff for him. ;) But I still feel guilty because he isn't into designer stuff. I guess even though I make good money it's still ours and when he is saving money I feel bad spending it on things I don't really need (but want). :biggrin: