Do you hem your jeans with the original hem?

IMG_9080.jpg

the top one was done by Neiman's (sandwich) and the bottom I did myself (via "fold" method)

IMG_9084.jpg

^ you're very welcome spylove!! I learned the fold method through this website (it's a word document so it'll ask you to download/open the file, perfectly safe, not a virus, i promise!) the website uses a sewing machine but I did my jeans by hand since i didnt have a sewing machine handy. let me know if you have any questions, in case I forget to check this thread, you can always PM me :smile:

some people dont like the fold method because of the extra material on the inside but I dont mind it. plus if you get taller, the hem can always be undone and the length can be adjusted.

^ you're very welcome spylove!! I learned the fold method through this website (it's a word document so it'll ask you to download/open the file, perfectly safe, not a virus, i promise!) the website uses a sewing machine but I did my jeans by hand since i didnt have a sewing machine handy. let me know if you have any questions, in case I forget to check this thread, you can always PM me :smile:

some people dont like the fold method because of the extra material on the inside but I dont mind it. plus if you get taller, the hem can always be undone and the length can be adjusted.

:flowers: Jen, thanks for the info! You did an awesome job, I've spent so much $ on tailoring, etc, and yours is way better than the pros!

I get my tailor to reattach the original hem and looking at the pics I'm guessing he does the sandwich method too as you can't even tell they were ever hemmed even from the inside