Do YOU have to buy your bag?

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
Not sure if this was asked before, so Mods, feel free to zap this if it's
deja vu.

As with probably quite a few here at TPF, I'm not lucky enough to live near an LV store (lucky for DH though) , but there's always opportunities for someone else to buy it for us.

If it is a bag that you have been planning to buy, do you Absolutely have to get the bag yourself? Or are you ok for someone else to pick it up for you???

:sunshine:

I'm lucky enough to have a store close by but even if that wasn't the case I would still prefer to go in person. I would just wait to make a trip and get a few items at a time.

AngelBaby84, PuzzleNop, ECMF..i'm so jealous!

NatCan...hellow fellow Canuck! Do you have a store in Winnipeg? I'm from Kelowna so no hope of getting one in the near future - this town is way too small for LV (I'm sure there's enough clientele though - the guys from Alberta!)

I know those brown bags are so precious lol! I have a couple of friends going to Paris soon, and I'm not sure whether I should ask them to do it for me...I think if it's an SLG I'd be ok, it's a speedy so close inspection is probably required, and they're not really into LV.

Last edited:
I have to go for myself. For me, half the fun in shopping is walking around the store and trying different things on, chatting with the SAs and just enjoying the experience.

I live no where near a store, I am so envious of all those lucky ones who can just wander into LV to browse or waitlist for things and of course - purchase. :graucho:
I get most my LV shipped from the Sydney store seeing as I don't know anyone that goes to the city all the time. Given a choice I would much, much rather go to the store myself but I still count myself lucky to be able to afford to get an LV so having it shipped is a small inconvenience.

Howardu09...cheesecake -nummy!
When I was in Honolulu last week, I went to the store 4 different days. My husband was quite amused, but he was a good sport about it :heart:

Slayer...yeah shipping is definitely cheaper than flying to Vancouver (closest city to me!)
What about returns/exchanges? What has your experience been for those items that were just shipped to you?

Slayer...yeah shipping is definitely cheaper than flying to Vancouver (closest city to me!)
What about returns/exchanges? What has your experience been for those items that were just shipped to you?[/QUOTE]

The store will ship to me free so that at least is a bonus.:biggrin: Returns/exchanges haven't been an issue so far for me - I don't buy many bags and the items I do get I've been lucky to love at first sight. I have heard that stores here are not as willing to accommodate exchanges/refunds like the US and Canada do though.

Slayer...thanks!
I'm actually Aussie-Canadian...lived in Melbourne 2 years and Sydney 4...I must say there are certain Oz perks that we do not get here in North America...like more public holidays!!! (and footy, lamingtons, pavlova, you know, stuff that really matters LOL!)

I would let someone get an LV for me, of course with close inspection. Would not however ask someone to buy one in Europe for me, only because the purchaser has to deal with the VAT tax and customs coming back into the US/CA, think that would be too much to ask a friend. I purchased in Italy, VAT tax forms had to be filled out, then had to wait in a very long line at the airport to show my papers to have them approved. Another worry, you would never want your LV put in luggage that was being checked and with carry on restrictions many people don't have room for a handbag in their carry on.

^^^Danieli - thanks! I was not aware of any of that, wow - that is a lot of hassle buying in Europe! Hawaii was so much easier, thank goodness!
Really useful info - thanks again.

I am very lucky, I have 5 LV's within 5 miles of me. Except for my last 2 LV's, I asked a friend that was going to Paris to pick them up for me, since they were cheaper. Otherwise, I always just go into a local LV.

I have had my DH pick out bags but when I purchased my palermo I wanted to try it on myself, make sure i fit right. But my husband has great taste and has actually purchased most of my bags. I think it depends on the style of bag you want, some bags you just need to try on, see how they fit on your body and how they feel when you carry them.