do you have to ask for permission before you buy a purse?

Today we looked at electronics......fish finders....they were $500 and above. I lovingly said....whatever you want, baby.........I know my fishfinder may even end up being a Kooba or something like that........

The day I have to ask some man when I can buy something like a handbag, shoes, or make-up will be the day hell freezes over. Let's just put it like that. I understand that we need to discuss purchases but nobody is going to control me like that.

I never ask my husband's permission when I buy a bag. I do not understand why you need to ask your Dh's permission especially if you are spending your own money??? As long as it is not affecting you household budget, I don't any reason why you need to to this.

I have a joint everything with my husband besides credit cards and with my purses and i put them on my card that way i just pay whatever I want each month and its for credit cards. Hey its my credit and he knows I pay it every month. Therefore I do what i want and he does what he wants. hes better about asking me for things though so sometimes i feel bad . but oh well you only live once

I have a joint everything with my husband besides credit cards and with my purses and i put them on my card that way i just pay whatever I want each month and its for credit cards. Hey its my credit and he knows I pay it every month. Therefore I do what i want and he does what he wants. hes better about asking me for things though so sometimes i feel bad . but oh well you only live once

Depending on what state you live in, your credit has a direct effect on his credit also. My DH's only absolutely non-negotiable terms are no bags ever bought on credit. If it is a luxury item and can't be afforded comfortably with funds we already have, it's a NO NO at my house. I know for sure he'd pitch a fit about that. lol

The day I have to ask some man when I can buy something like a handbag, shoes, or make-up will be the day hell freezes over. Let's just put it like that. I understand that we need to discuss purchases but nobody is going to control me like that.

i am with you on this....
i love my husband... but hey... i did not go to school for nearly 20 years and work my butt off just for some man telling me how to use my money....

DH and I live by "what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours" rule. I am fortunate enough to never have to ask if I want to buy something but I think everyone's situation is different. I am not necessarily agreeing with OP's DH but the day material things start causing arguments in my marriage is the day I will give them up.:yes: No bag is worth it, IMO!