Do you have this problem with your spy?

nye2005carmel

Sep 11, 2006
I purchased mine at NM, so it is authentic, but do you ever have the problem of accidentally popping off the clasp that holds the pocket shut? I *love* this bag, but this feature irritates me. I've only had it for a month, so is mine defective, do I need to take it in?

It pops open sometimes if my hand knocks it; sometimes randomly. I'm just wondering if I am the only person with this problem. Help!

Yes, I had the same thing happen to my metallic spy. I took it back to the store and they gave me a knew bag. SA said it was a common defect.:sad:

yes,, I've seen many defective spies in dept stores...I'm very picky and have to see every one they have available. I compare all and make sure all the hardware works properly...take it back and get a replacement.
:smile:

I had a problem with mine (exterior spy compartment closure), and my advice is if you bought it a month or so ago, NM should take it back and/or exchange immediately. If you wait much longer, they may only offer to repair it. If they repair it, it will be major, as they will they will have to replace the whole compartment and the attached lining pouch, which means gettting parts in from Fendi Italy or more likely, sending your bag back to Italy for repairs. Not ideal, as this can 3-6 months for new parts sent to the US or bag repair in Italy (I'm no joking) . Fendi in Italy are notoriously slow with repairs and parts, which is something they must strive to improve. If you want to enjoy your bag now, my advice is to get them to replace with a new one.

I got my spy from NM as well..(metalic) anyway..I have had more little irritating things happen with that bag than any other bag I own!! The clasp does pop open if you even look at it and the some knots came untied etc...I sent it back and got a new one as well. The clasp still does not close as tight as I would like. I gave up and decided maybe that is just the way the spys are?? I still love it.