Do you have more cute clothes than places to wear them?

Absolutely. I stay at home with the kids, and even when I wear something cute to go to their school programs I feel terribly overdressed because everyone else is wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. I feel like there isn't anyplace to wear even a casual dress sometimes. I still wear them - I just dress them down with layers and tights and more casual shoes. But I still feel like I'm always overdressed!

I never care if I am a little over dressed. I buy all of my clothes because I LOVE them. It would be a shame if all that they did was sit in my closet. Besides . . . I start to feel gross if I wear sweats/sweatshirts all the time. I do think that some people look down on you if you dress nicely though. . . I think it is a lose-lose battle, so I might as well be happy with what I am wearing. :smile: Our society in the USA has become soooooo casual, I don't necessarily think that is a good thing. . . and you can make the choice not to take part in that. Dressing restrictions at work are hard to get around though!

OK, now that I know I'm not the only one with too many clothes and too few places to wear them, I have a confession to make. It's not entirely uncommon for me to wear three different outfits in one day (four if I workout at the gym). For example today:

1) Breakfast and early morning shopping w/ sister-in-law at the mall: jeans (skinny or wide-leg, I have not decided yet), layered T's, cropped chunky 3/4 sleeve sweater, and boots w/ heels, then...

2) Workout at the gym: running skirt, compression T, then...

3) Shower at gym and throw on sweats; go to the salon for cut, color, highlights, then...

4) Come home, put on make-up, get dressed for a day of shopping and visiting friends: ski bunny outfit, aqua-colored ski sweater, black compression tights, black knee-high North Face fur-trimmed boots, white fur-trimmed ski jacket, then...

5) Go out to dinner with out-of-town family: Susana Monaco gray wool A-line sleeveless dress, red 3/4 sleeve T, Spanx black cropped tights, gray suede platform heeled oxfords

This will all cause my husband to pull his hair out (yet he is the one that always likes to see me go shopping and wear new clothes). I love to play dress-up. Am I nuts!

OK, now that I know I'm not the only one with too many clothes and too few places to wear them, I have a confession to make. It's not entirely uncommon for me to wear three different outfits in one day (four if I workout at the gym). For example today:

1) Breakfast and early morning shopping w/ sister-in-law at the mall: jeans (skinny or wide-leg, I have not decided yet), layered T's, cropped chunky 3/4 sleeve sweater, and boots w/ heels, then...

2) Workout at the gym: running skirt, compression T, then...

3) Shower at gym and throw on sweats; go to the salon for cut, color, highlights, then...

4) Come home, put on make-up, get dressed for a day of shopping and visiting friends: ski bunny outfit, aqua-colored ski sweater, black compression tights, black knee-high North Face fur-trimmed boots, white fur-trimmed ski jacket, then...

5) Go out to dinner with out-of-town family: Susana Monaco gray wool A-line sleeveless dress, red 3/4 sleeve T, Spanx black cropped tights, gray suede platform heeled oxfords

This will all cause my husband to pull his hair out (yet he is the one that always likes to see me go shopping and wear new clothes). I love to play dress-up. Am I nuts!

I don't think that's crazy. You are dressing for different occasions. I do the same thing.

I am in this same situation!!! My lifestyle has recently changed dramatically....last year we wet out to business dinners 2-3 times a week,and I also had to be dressed in something fabulous. So I basically had a ton of going out clothes...and then bum around clothes fro during the day. Now...we never go out...but I work....so I have had to adjust my wardrobe for that! I feel so sad for all of my beautiful clothes that never get worn.

I'm exactly the same way, I have tons of dresses and skirts that I'll probably never get to wear. :P It's nice to be prepared for that one time when I'm actually invited to a formal party, though, but even then I have too much stuff and can't decide what to wear. Skirts are easier to dress down, but silk dresses etc. I can't really wear unless I have an occation to wear them to. Also, most of my shoe collection I only get to wear 0-1 times, since I live in WinterWonderLand and basically can't wear them walking down the street, so I've basically stopped buying expensive shoes since I don't know when I'll be able to wear them. I'd love to be able to dress up more often, even semi-casual dresses seem too dressed up most times, most people wear jeans :shrugs:

I feel the same way too. I wear uniform for work (five days a week) and I dont really go out very much, usually dinner and eventually movies. I have many cute skirts, dresses, shoes that I've never worn. When I see something cute I think to myself "I could wear it when I get a new job" but I am still there in the same place wearing the uniform, so pathetic.

im a daydreamer. and ive come to realize that my closet is full of outfits that i bought thinking "wow if i went ______ that would be so cute!" so now im realizing that my outfits are really costumes that ive picked out for certain events...so when the events dont come up that often, they sit....

DEFINITELY. I always buy clothes and outfits that are strictly "club/going out night" worthy because they're flashy or what not. The problem is, I rarely have time to go out anymore! So now I have a bunch of really cute club clothes with nowhere to wear them lol.