Do you have "Charm"?

Reinita

O.G.
Sep 13, 2008
Do any of you collect charms? I love them! To me they bring nice memories from my childhood. Most of my charm collection are from my mom, aunts and grand- mother. They are vintage pieces from the 60's. I will be posting some pics of my collection, please share any photos of your charms :0)

image-2865393592.jpg

This is my charm necklace, they are vintage charms from my family most of them are from Spain and Italy. There is one , a tv that still have the photo that my aunt put inside of it, the photo is of me when I was 3 years old! That photo is 50 years old!

I LOVE your necklace and bracelets! Looking at your charms makes me feel so happy! I have been meaning to start a charm bracelet for the longest time, and your pics are very inspiring.

alf13 said:
I LOVE your necklace and bracelets! Looking at your charms makes me feel so happy! I have been meaning to start a charm bracelet for the longest time, and your pics are very inspiring.

Thanks, you should do it. Every time that I use my charm necklace people ask me about it and they ask the history behind them , it s a great conversation piece and it is true ,charms bring so many memories that they make you happy. Every time that I look at them I remember the special people were they came from.

I love charm bracelets! I have a tiffany charm bracelet which i put my travel charms and some old charms from when i was a child.
I also have a trollbeads charm bracelet and that reveals more of my quirky self and my sister and i have identical charms on ours.
I just bought an extra small sweetie from links of london on sale and it is supposed to have charms on it, but i might keep it charm free for awhile.
And finally i only have one charm from poor cat designs, but it is on leather and it is super unique and it is a nice contrast to precious metal bracelets.

Reinita, I have a charm necklace too! When my childhood charm bracelet became too small to wear I moved the charms onto a long necklace chain and kept going. I pick up a charm every time I travel as a souvenir. Do you find that you have to be in a happy, chatty mood to wear your necklace because people grab at it to look at the pretty little charms?

I absolutely adore charm bracelets!! .....On other people, that is.

When I was a child, I had a small gold-plated charm bracelet that I wore for years just because it was given to me by my grandmother. But it eventually got old and damaged and vanished at some point between childhood and high school. Because of the happy memory of that bracelet, I wanted a charm bracelet during my early/mid 20's. I spent years collecting 14k charms purchased from James Avery Craftsman. I spent a small fortune on them over approximately five years. And when I finally had them all soldered onto the gold bracelet I'd purchased, it was the most uncomfortable bracelet I'd ever worn! It was heavy and kept becoming annoying. I was terrified of losing it, despite that I'd had it insured. I was so very sad about it, but I simply couldn't bring myself to wear it on a regular basis, or for more than an hour or two at a time. It snagged on my hair and clothing, and was just in the way in general.

Eventually, I sold it to another collector. I sometimes find myself looking at the website, but I remind myself not to buy any more charms. I'm jealous of those of you who can wear them!!

Luckily, I discovered Pandora... which almost replaces my craving for an old-fashioned charm bracelet.

Sugardragon said:
Reinita, I have a charm necklace too! When my childhood charm bracelet became too small to wear I moved the charms onto a long necklace chain and kept going. I pick up a charm every time I travel as a souvenir. Do you find that you have to be in a happy, chatty mood to wear your necklace because people grab at it to look at the pretty little charms?

I will love to see your charm necklace! ,please post some photos. I don't use my charm necklace as a everyday piece, it is a "special "moment piece. I usually use it when I want to put something unusual , and it is true, people love to grab and look at the charms. Last year I went to the Palm Beach Antique and Jewelry show and use it, it was a success !