Do you have anything that is a deal-breaker for you?

sgj99

O.G.
Jun 17, 2008
do you have anything that makes a bag or a particular line a "No" for you? while i love all the new Epi leather colors i won't buy a bag that has silver-tone hardware. i have fair skin and light hair so i never wear silver/platinum jewelry. it's not that i don't like it, i just think yellow gold looks better on me. so every bag i have has the gold-tone hardware. Anyone else have a LV deal-breaker?

Yes! I prefer structured bags, so the empriente line is out for me... as is the SC, mahinas etc. I keep looking at the empriente artsy though - although the short drop in the handle worries me.

I prefer not to have vachetta handles with vernis - so this also rules out a few of the vernis bags.

I could go on and on!! LOL.

sgj99 said:
do you have anything that makes a bag or a particular line a "No" for you? while i love all the new Epi leather colors i won't buy a bag that has silver-tone hardware. i have fair skin and light hair so i never wear silver/platinum jewelry. it's not that i don't like it, i just think yellow gold looks better on me. so every bag i have has the gold-tone hardware. Anyone else have a LV deal-breaker?

A great question. Out of all the lines, I'm not a fan of the Vernis line of bags. I know that 99% of LV lovers die for Vernis, but I am only feeling the wallets for now.

MyLVAddict said:
I agree with a previous poster - I prefer structured bags so that rules a lot.

See, I am exactly the opposite; I love the look of both structured and non-structured bags, but structures ones just do not work in real life. I :heart: the Trevi but could never use it :sad: But the Delightful, Artsy, et al, bring 'em on! ;)

Patent leather is also a deal breaker for me. My life is very casual, so it would never get used. Too bright colors are also not my thing. I love purple, but Louis Vuitton has yet to have a purple color I'm in love with,

No zippers or too soft is a deal breaker ! I can always imagine myself running around for fun or run for bus. And my cell phone might slip out of the bag. But the fact is i hardly run with my bag.... Just a thought and not going to let that happen lol !

Vernis bags are a deal-breaker for me.. As much as I love seeing them.. I just can't see myself owning a Vernis bag.. It's just too shiny/flashy for me especially on those bright colors.. I don't mind owning them in SLGs though..;)

No Multicolor bags for me because they seem really tacky, I do like the little things though!
Planning on buying a Multicolor cles next!

Probably nothing Azur either. I feel like the canvas is too high maintenance plus I don't like dark patina with Azur :'[

Def no multicolor, for me its outdated and loud, I don't like the cherry blossoms, the graffiti, i'm not a fan of monogram. i see myself maybe having one monogram bag. I also prefer structured bags, but I am going to try the artsy. i also don't like the azur, although a speedy 25 is cute in summer

Multicolor SLGs to me are to die for but I just can't bring myself to pay that much money knowing that I have to deal with the chipping paint issues in the future.