Do you have any funny swear-word substitutes?:)

bellafleur

O.G.
Apr 26, 2007
So I'm sitting in the office on the computer, and my fiance is in the living room playing a game on his Xbox and swearing up a storm. This is really the only time he swears- apparently those cartoon referees really need to hear it!:smile:

We've been talking about trying to start a family as soon as we get married in August, and he admits he's going to have to work on this swearing thing. Which makes me think of my assistant, who has 3 kids. Her favorite I-need-to-swear-but-can't-in-front-of-the-kids word is "fartknockers". My high school French teacher used to say "fauteuil" (pronounced "fa-TOY", the French work for armchair). What do you guys say when you really need to swear but can't?

Rather than saying wtf, I'll what in the dickens alot. it's funny since that was considered cursing way back when, but now you never hear it. I love saying it.

I don't have any substitutes but it always cracks me up to watch Ruby on the Style Network cuz she throws out words all the time. The only one I can think of right now is "helicopter" instead of hell. "You better get the helicopter out of my face" or "Shut the helicopert up." Maybe it's just hearing it in her cute little southern accent that makes it so amusing.

Sugar, is my word...I can't even remember where or when I started it or how I came up with it, I am sure it had something to do with the beginning sound, because my favorite swear word, before kids, was sh _ t.I really don't use it that much, because not that much bothers me, to 'swear'.

Years ago, when I was working, my co-workers would tee-hee when I used it on rare occasions, the IMs would start flying..."stay away from Mary, she must be really mad, she is using the S word!

Hmmmm...nope, I pretty much just swear, even in front of the kids! (hey, thery're teenagers). Usually I'll say the swear word, then say, "oops, 'scuse me, didn't mean to say **** in front of you. You know that's a bad word, right?"

I always found old "cuss" words such as "jee wilikers" or "golly me!" funny lol. Sometimes when I am in front of kids or at work, I say "oh sausage and biscuits!!"