Do you have an 'Elf on the Shelf'? Please share his/her adventures.

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
I know this has been popular for a few years...but I just heard about it a few days ago. I thought it would be fun to share our elves' adventures! Please show us what your elf is up to :smile:

In today's mail came a letter, letting us know to watch out for an elf.

How fun! We are all so excited!

attachment.php

Attachments

• elfltr2.jpg
    elfltr2.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 26,698
I don't do the official elf on a shelf but I do leave little gifts from an "elf" (but they know it is me). Sometimes when I pick them up from school I will have a small goody on their car seat or I will leave something at the table for breakfast. It is fun and they kids look forward to being surprised a handful of times in Dec.

And this just reminded me...I need to dig out the advent calendar and fill it will candy. I can't believe tomorrow is the first already!

Yesterday, our elf fell OFF his shelf...right in front of the kids. AFter me yelling 'Don't touch him'..I said he will probably just fly to his next spot. He 'flew' to his new location while the kids were in school. My kids are almost 8 and 6 and they just believe...lol.

How do you guys use this thing? I see a few people using it to manipulate their children into "being good" so Santa brings them all the gifts they want. I don't like that idea.

One of my friends on facebook has been posting pics of different places his elf has sat. I just figured it was his thing, didn't know it was something people did.

How do you guys use this thing? I see a few people using it to manipulate their children into "being good" so Santa brings them all the gifts they want. I don't like that idea.

That's kind of the theory behind it...that the elf observes the children's behavior and reports back to Santa. My kids just enjoy looking for our elf in the morning. They truly believe he placed himself in these situations and locations. They tell everybody about him and what he did last night. :biggrin:

My mom had an elf like this she used to put on the mantle every Christmas. Just for decoration purposes. He creeped me out! :lol:

At first, my kids didn't know the Elf on the Shelf was just that. They thought it was one of my Christmas decorations. LOL When my kids figured it out, my 5 year old daughter kept stating she thought it was one of my decorations and I told her "I don't do Elves. I do Santas." ;) (The majority of my Christmas decor is Santa based, with a couple of Snowmen here and there, but I never got into Elves.)

Yes, we have one. Our biggest thing is remembering to move the little guy each night. It's not fun to explain why he was too lazy (or rather, why mommy & daddy were too lazy) to move him to a new location...:P

We just bought one Monday! Opened the box and placed him under my sons tree in his bedroom while he was at his Karate practice and when he got back he found him and was SO excited! So now we have a new Christmas tradition!

Attachments

• District 2-20111212-00012.jpg
    District 2-20111212-00012.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 3,037