Do you have an attitude of gratitude?

PinkCupcake

Love me, love my cat
Sep 24, 2007
Tomorrow is Anzac Day in Australia and New Zealand - the day we remember the Australian & New Zealand Army Corps, those brave young men and women who gave their lives so that we could enjoy the peace and prosperity we do today.

I've just been thinking how much I have - the love of my darling DH, my family and friends, my little pussycats, my beautiful home and possessions - and realising how much I owe my happiness to others. Those brave young soldiers who sacrificed their lives for their country. My parents, who did their best for me. My DH, whose love and support sustains me. I could go on, but I'd rather hear from anyone else with "an attitude of gratitude." Is there anyone in particular you're grateful to? Or anything you're particularly grateful for?

I practice being grateful everyday. I don't know how people can live any other way. It really put wants & needs into perspective.

Marilyn Beck (who writes for O magazine) wrote a book many years ago about thanking God for what we have.

What a great thread!

I'm grateful for my wonderful husband, our beautiful home, our dogs, our friends, our families, our careers, our health, and our general happiness.

I was just looking at something about gratitude journals the other day - I'm going to start one!

I'd be here all day if I could list all the things for which I'm grateful.

I have a wonderful husband who adores me, a fuzzy cat, fabulous parents who taught me how to be a good person and gave me the building blocks to be a successful businesswoman, a caring little sister, an amazing 5 year old niece, supportive friends, being able to live in a beautiful city, the ability to travel and see new places and things, my health, my life, etc.

There's much, much more ... but you get the picture.

I am very grateful for everything I have and for the things I DON't have as well. I pray to God everyday and always give him thanks for my family, for the great life we have.