Do you have an Apple computer?

classwhore said:
That's complete and utter doo-doo. If Macs were so superior, again, why did Apple have to release 4 versions of OSX? I'm not the biggest fan of Windows, but that statement sounds more like another Mac fan clinging desperately to their slowly-evaporating technology than an impartial opinion.

Desperate? Not quite. I am no hardcore Mac fan, I am a Mac fan, because I got convinced that they suit my way of getting things done better than a Wintel PC. Slowly-evaporating? Last thing I remember was that their market share in the desktop environment was on the rise. I am not denying that Macs are niche products, nor am I trying to make everyone believe that Macs are the sh*t and that you all should got and toss your Win boxes out of the window.

Macs more expensive? I am not sure that statement really holds truth anymore. The recent iMacs are very competitively priced, and if you look at the emerging dual core Intel Windoze laptops, they aren't much cheaper than the MacBook Pro, at least from what I saw in the German c't mag.

But hey, each to his own. I'm looking forward to the Longhorn release. Last thing I heard is that it'll take up 4GB of hdd space and a gig of RAM just to run, which quite frankly makes me think that it'll be a bloated piece of resource hog... but maybe I'm wrong. :amuse:

After having a Sony Viao laptop, and Toshiba, I had way too many problems with them and the Toshiba ended up dying on me so I bought an Apple Powerbook and think it is the best of the three. I loved the Sony Viao style but they were basically just copying Apple's appearance. The powerbook is excellent. Lightweight, fast, great graphics and resolution, NO VIRUS, NO CRASHING, NO DYING :smile:

Plus, who doesn't have an ipod by now? I had 3 mp3 players that worked on PCs and were other brands and all 3 died. Apple products are just made better.

Has anyone else noticed that AFTER the apple computers started getting big with the colorful screens etc., brushed steel look, then PCs started looking better. It's no coincidence! Plus, Bill Gates worked for Apple before starting microsoft. Let's face it, Apple has been around longer and if it were not for them, none of you would be using a mouse (Apple invention).

The only problem with WindowsXP running on Macs is that I heard from my Mac technician that it will get the same amount of viruses as a PC and could have other problems. But I'm open to it.

Vlad said:
But hey, each to his own. I'm looking forward to the Longhorn release. Last thing I heard is that it'll take up 4GB of hdd space and a gig of RAM just to run, which quite frankly makes me think that it'll be a bloated piece of resource hog... but maybe I'm wrong. :amuse:

One thing you learn from Microsoft: NEVER buy the first release.

I'm a proud owner of a PowerBook G4. I would never ever ever trade it for anything running windows. I've had both PCs and Macs, and Macs are without a doubt the superior BY FAR. I've found that most people who don't like macs tend to be unaccostomed to the OS and unwilling to give it a chance. I guess there's also the issue of the availability of the same software compatible with Macs.